06-03-2022, 06:42 AM   #17
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
Think you missed what I was pleased about...RBR formally stating that both drivers have their right (and RBR's permission) to fight for the championship. I could be wrong, but I don't recall Mercedes Benz expressing that.
+1

Merc never stopped Bottas or Rosberg from fighting for the win until it was near impossible for the other driver to feasibly win given that the other team driver was also in the mix. So this means if it's a 3 way fight for the battle: 2 Merc drivers + another team, there will be no team orders if the 2 Merc drivers are close. If 1 of the 2 drivers is really far behind and not capable of a guaranteeing a win every weekend then they will be forced to help the lead driver in a tight championship.

This is why Bottas always was given a chance at the start of the season but he always fell off later on so he had to help Lewis.

Merc also let Bottas have wins back when he was forced to give Lewis position to prevent others from getting into his pit window. So to be fair redbull still owes check one.