05-06-2022, 08:31 PM   #275
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
I think it's track specific, this is a brand new track so the pavement is fresh, so right now all teams are messing with ride height and different setups to see how much they can get away with it before bouncing comes back. The only way we can see if mercedes or any team fixes the bouncing is it has to be consistent in at least 2-3 races.
It's not all about the freshness of the pavement it's about the bumps and undulations of the track. Miami happens to be quite smooth allowing for less porpoising. But Australia even though it was quite nice and new had pretty bad bumps making porpoising quite bad.

Mercedes haven't fixed porpoising, they didn't even make a big attempt at it this weekend. They're just experimenting with minor tweaks to the floor to see if it reduces porpoising so they know what direction to develop the floor for Spain. This isn't a full out fix yet, and you can see how much of an effect their floor upgrades have begun to improve the porpoising. Their wing upgrades have helped their speeds too, I believe they are faster than Ferrari during free practice in Miami.