POBEP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: E70 E90 E91

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
I personally think the similarities play to a strength and not a weakness. It helps to give them an ability to make the BMW feel familiar and inviting no matter where in the lineup you go. Which I think it much more common than it was in the past (but I'm in my 30s so maybe I'm wrong here). I feel people now may get an X5 and then go to a 5-Series or even an X3 later and etc...

They want you to be able to jump into a BMW connect your profile and have that car feel familiar to you. The car to act as if it knows you. Setting various settings to your liking and etc.

All this while allowing you the flexibility to go where you're pulled at any given time. It is a longterm good strategy I think as you'll end up feeling deeply connected to BMW as time goes on if you're brand loyal.
+1 here.

My E-fleet feels like one familiar space - and I like it. Weather it is E91 (city/work), E90 (summer mountain ride) or E70 (winter ski trip) - I do not have to think twice about control placement or functionality difference.

I find the long straight highway stretch boring.
Twisty mountain road is never boring: there is no time for iDrive, mobile device or checking interior features - the BMW helps enjoy the ride

Two interior design items that puzzles me in E9X series are trunk release and door lock button placement ... I can live with it

Last edited by POBEP; 02-16-2022 at 05:34 PM..