View Single Post
      09-12-2021, 06:43 PM   #292
Datka
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2009 M3 ,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
From an amateur fan eye (mine) I would definitely put the blame on max for that one. Lewis was ahead at all times and in a tight chicane it would be unnatural and very difficult for him to veer all the way to the outside. If max was even with him there would be more of an argument for Lewis to move over but Lewis was clearly in front.

Max was carrying much more speed into the corner and thought he could sneak his way ahead with Lewis just leaving the pit but Lewis defended it well.
Lewis didn't have to defend anything, he was ahead turning into the corner and was on his racing line when Max broke late and was alongside Lewis only at the apex when it was too late for two cars to be in that spot.
Anyone who has raced at any level or even driven on the track competitively knows that if you are alongside a car approaching the corner, that corner belongs to the inside driver.
Max was outside forcing his position into a tight spot after very late braking and he simply chose to take his main competitor out and maintain the leading championship position.
Did he expect a point by from a raining champ?
I am not even a fan of Lewis but how can anyone blame him in this situation is beyond me.
I am going to say that Max is a very talented and fast driver, but he is also the dirtiest driver out there and he knows that the only way he can beat Lewis is by dirty tactics. Period.
MKSixer34192.50
jkoral1031.00
Bongoxxx804.00
minn1914078.00
SonnyJack326.00
beats225.00
yco5765.50