View Single Post
      08-05-2021, 06:56 AM   #1
RelaxIN2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2012 BMW M3 E93

Garage List
What Buying & Selling Apps/Services are you using...?

Hey guys..

I'm interested to hear what applications everyone is using for Buying & Selling Items. More on the lines of selling items. I'm not necessarily talking about new items, for a majority of that stuff I'll use Amazon or some other place.

I primarily use Craigslist, Marketplace and eBay.. but I recently, my last few experience with eBay have been HORRIBLE to say the least. They are all about the buyer and provide NO SUPPORT for the seller. its a shame because I sold a lot on ebay.

Recent Example: I sold a Pool Robot for cleaning the pool. The lady had it for 29 days and then decided to file a Return on it. I reached out to her through ebay and asked her what was wrong with it. She told me nothing, I think it worked pretty well, but my pool guys said that I should get a different model. I have it in my posts that I do not expect returns outside of 5 days. She filed a complaint with ebay. Ebay contacted me and insisted that I had to refund the payment and shipping costs. They read her comment saying that there was nothing wrong with it and she was happy with the item until the 29th day when her pool guys recommended something else. They didn't care..

Here is where it gets better... when I got the unit back, it was in a different box (after 30+ days, I would think it would be) and the robot was damaged and clearly used. The main housing was cracked probably due to poor packing and shipping. the box had a opening in it and two of the pieces were missing. The unit and bag had leaves and debris in it. I took pictures of the box when I received it, before I opened it... and pictures of the robot damaged and sent it to ebay. I called them up and they apologized but there was nothing they could do. The credited my account $50 but that was it. I had to sell the robot for parts now. So I escalated my complaint and it got no where. They told me the claim was closed at this time.

Sooooo... needless to say, I'm DONE with selling on eBay. I'll buy all day long now that I know that I can return anything within 30 days... even if I use it or damage it.. (which I wont BTW). but I'm done with Selling on ebay.

My question is... what other online services have you had success with that you would recommend...?