07-29-2021, 02:34 PM   #1234
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
You guys are so sad.

mongoloid ( adj.) characteristic of or resembling a Mongol; the mongoloid epicanthic fold. mongoloid ( adj.) (offensive) of or relating to or suffering from Down syndrome; 2. mongoloid ( n.) a person suffering from Down syndrome (no longer used technically in this sense, now considered offensive);

Historical note.

"...During the first half of the twentieth century in the United States, the majority of children with Down syndrome were placed in institutions – frequently soon after birth. This resulted in great human sacrifice for those individuals and for their families, who were convinced, often by members of the medical community, that the child was less than human and that their needs would be so great, their families would not be able to raise them. These children were “warehoused” in large state institutions – often in deplorable conditions – locked away so that the rest of society could not see the horror of their lives."
That was my exact worry and googled it prior to giving the "Appreciate" to post referring to STR...I've heard "Mong" used as a racial slur but didn't think it was done so in this case...That is why I referred the issue to a Brit where the term is popular. Below is what I found via google search...I wouldn't have given a thumbs up If I thought it was meant to be racist.
Attached Images

243Racing1447.50
M5Rick61854.00