07-06-2021, 05:52 PM   #79
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refined View Post
I've been sitting here, cash in hand, for over a year now waiting for word on the C8 Z06. Latest news is that it's delayed until 2023 due to the fact that GM can't even make enough of the regular C8s to meet demand. At this point I'm sick of waiting for it and I was ready to move on. Here in Canada we have a new luxury tax coming into effect on January 1st that is 20% of the value of a new vehicle over 100k and that's a pretty big number. Not sure how appealing that Z06 is going to be with all that extra tax slapped on.

In desperation, I have tried to locate a Porsche Cayman GT4 allocation but I basically get laughed at at the dealerships. Most won't even return my emails. I've extended my search to other provinces even though that will subject my new car to additional sales taxes, which would still be preferable to the incoming luxury tax.

It's starting to look like I'll never be able to upgrade the m4, regardless of my desire and financial ability to do so.
At least you have the m4 to fall back on...better than the g8x gen and now that the new 2 series has been leaked...the m2 is going to be a disappointment as well.