Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
^^
Sadly, I think this is correct. It will be interesting to see what happens as the politicians grow accustomed to the revenue and people actually do what they intended, which is to buy lower CO2-emitting cars. As they do that the tax revenues will begin to dry up and the politicians will have to find some other new emergency issue to form tax policies around.

There are some states in the United States that are already charging an additional tax to register a hybrid vehicle because they are not able to collect enough gasoline taxes to cover the cost of maintaining the roads. It's an interesting conundrum, isn't it?

I am so glad I don't live in Europe, and hope that we can be at least 20 years behind on this. Long live the Corvette? I guess it will have to do.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0