United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
True on the free speech issue so I expect you'll expound on the terms and conditions of the brokerage agreement all these RH users agreed to while opening their accounts and how that makes their complaints about limiting trading or liquidating positions baseless as well. After all it is a private platform and they agreed to the terms... And brokerage agreements are not subject net neutrality rules.

And as for the assumption above, that may or not be true but how about we research it to see if it's true or not. I don't know either but let's not just assume... Would net neutrality really have prevented these private platforms from deciding what can be discussed based on terms and conditions? I honestly don't know but perhaps someone with more knowledge could speak up.

In the case of the Robin Hood trading app, I imagine their terms and conditions allow moderating of the comment section of the app. Their recent outright restrictions on trading particular stocks like GameStop and AMC is a whole other issue, one I assume the SEC and FINRA won't be very thrilled with. I certainly don't agree with RH restricting trading.

After reading up on some more net neutrality details, it doesn't look like online speech in this regard would fall under the censorship that it aims to protect. The censorship it does protect against is the outright blocking of network traffic, meaning all content online should be accessible and not restricted by ISPs or other authorities.