jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gippy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
If you can't work out, from the several replies on two sections of the forum, that the answer to the question "do I need to cycle the ABS pump when bleeding the brakes" is "no" then you're on your own.

Stop acting like an ungrateful child.

I'm out. Solve your own problems.
........but i have worked it out from the replies. WHy do you get the impression i haven't worked it out?
i've had adequate responses from both threads to decide to not bother going down the ISTA pump route for the time being.

stop strawmanning stuff up to make points.
and i'm not acting like an ungrateful child.......like i said i appreciated and responded to the posts which made sense.

I posted on the UK forum the same question because of the lack of/poor responses i got in the brake forum, and because people who go to the UK forum generally might not visit the general/maintenance sections. The americans decided to have a conversation all on their own about bleeding brakes which had absolutely nothing to do with the specific question i was asking, about bleeding fluid out the ABS pump and how that would effect the system as a whole - which is a pertinent question as its not been asked anywhere, after i googled for a while, which is exactly why i posted it.
If i hadn't wrote that message telling him to stop it would have probably turned into an endless string of 'how to bleed your brakes' to add to the 30 that are already on here.

You for some reason decide to find my post, in the brake forum, read through it, then complain about a completely separate issue where i wrote a short message to some other guy telling him to not bother posting messages about how to bleed brakes.

i think you're the one with the problem
Just a heads up, this is a public forum, and you are not a moderator. Any and all posts, yours included, are subject to people providing opinions, insight, advice, or whatever f-all they want. Understand that, for the most part, a majority of people here are actually trying to be helpful. Learn to take the chaff with the grain and don't be an arse to those who don't "meet your standards" for a helpful response.