View Single Post
      10-03-2017, 08:23 AM   #122
Maestro
Major
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
What was it then? Sounds like full auto to me. I don't see how someone's trigger finger is that fast with the staccato bursts I heard...just doesn't sound semi-auto.

The news is claim there were full automatic weapons, however, as one gun expect said, it is extremely unlikely he had a full automatic weapon, reason being manufacturing of them were outlawed in 1986, and only guns made prior to 1986 would be available to purchase by someone with a class 3 licenses which there are a limited number of those people and those people would be jeopardize their license to sell one to this guy also there are only ~400K of automatic weapon available and they are all registered with the Feds, and to buy one would cost 10's of thousands.

I also heard the news claims FBI said he had modified the guns he had to make them fully automatic. Again and another expert weight in and said, in fact two of the now 23 guns he had in the room appeared to be modified with a bump stock which is not a mod to make it fully automatic, it actual manually pulls the trigger each time the gun recoils so it does not require someone to hold the trigger. This is what I believe you can hear in some of the video, you can here some pretty rapid fire and this would do that.

The news in this country can not get it straight, first there were 8 guns, then 12 then 16 and they now settle on 23 at the hotel. The police have not made any official statement so the media is just making this stuff up.