Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: '16 SO M4

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Note owner here. I just checked out the Note 8. Nice phone, but it still feels "Androidy."

I have tried out the Pixel, Note, galaxy, LG, OnePlus and some Sharp asndroid.

Apple has somehow made their device absolutely feel different. When you pick up even the 1 year old iPhone 7, it just feels different. Not only is it faster, its smoother, more stable, and just a better experience.

Their custom A series silicon and iOS just seems like a total game changer in speed and fluidity. Battery life is better. RAM management is better, by far.

I never thought it would matter so much, but the integration of hardware and software just works. Part of my decision was made with the purchase of the amazing iPad Pro 10.5. Freaking perfect.

I am officially switching from Android and will be buying the iPhone 8/X/Pro/Edition when it comes out next Tuesday.

Sorry Android, see ya later.
Their processors are top of the line. Androids main problem is Qualcomm's monopoly on mobile processors and the antenna bands here in the US.

Samsungs Exynos processor is really really good, but they can't sell it here in the US through carriers. Technically they can sell it here but would have to pay some licensing or royalty fee to Qualcomm they did this once in the past. I think you can get an international version of the phones usually later after release. If you look up any comparisons between a Snapdragon Variant and Exynos Variant the Exynos performs better most of the time.

Outside of Apples A series chips, most phones in the US are Snapdragons and Qualcomm only guarantees driver support and updates for 2 years after release. That's another reason OEMs can't match Apples warranty for older devices.

I have a Pixel XL and plan to get the next version after it's announced on October 5th. I liked my iPhones, but I can't past all the apps on my screen now and no app drawer partial OCD kicking in I guess. iPhone 8 should be a great device since it will be Amoled tech from Samsung, but reports say it is a really limited supply as in more limited than usual. The forecasted reports based on leaks from Foxconn is they can catch up to estimated demand by February. So they are releasing new iPhone 7 variants on the same day to appease people who don't want to wait for iPhone 8 because of a shortage.

Last edited by Sinnakle; 09-06-2017 at 09:54 PM..