04-27-2017, 10:27 AM   #10604
allachie9
Grumpy Old Man
Scotland
Rep

Drives: G30 520i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post

I'm not lazy, I just have nothing to add. Applies to Ed and Alan.

Alan, we're watching a series on TV, from BBC on Netflix, called Shetland. They do their best to make it look dark and dank absolutely all the time. I point out to my wife when they filter a sunny day to make it look dreary. Anyway, I think of you and imagine that you know the real weather well.
Thanks Dave.
I actually think they spoilt that series of Shetland by making it appear too dark and brooding.
My wife and I spent a couple of weeks up on Shetland a few years ago and we had, in the main, the most amazing weather. OK, admittedly that was in the summer and as most of the islands are above 60 degrees north, they do have fairly short and dark winter days.
My memory of that trip to The Shetland Isles was of good weather and friendly people.
I'd had an ambition to go up to the northernmost point in The United Kingdom, Muckle Flugga, to photograph the lighthouse and the puffins, and managed to do both.
However it was on the ferry back from Unst to Yell that I remember the friendliness of the Shetlanders.
It is only a smallish ferry and, apart from a man with his van, we were the only other folk on board.
The captain came down from the bridge and asked if we would like to go up to take a look, and he insisted that Judith should sit in his seat and steer the ship - so I got a pic.