View Single Post
      04-20-2017, 07:24 AM   #8
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

I'm not messing with this one. It's not a pure copper-to-copper fit. The main line coming up through the ground is some sort of black plastic pipe, as far as I can tell. Then there's a copper fitting somehow attached to that. Then the main copper line for the house comes off the fitting. It's the plastic-to-copper fitting that is cracked. This needs to be done right. I've done plumbing work while building environmental remediation trailers when I was in that field of work, but it's been 20 years and that was standing up in a nice clean shop. Trying to do this laying on my side in a tight crawl space ain't happening.

Worst water leak I ever saw was at a condo the ex and I had. The washing machine hose in the utility room next door to our unit broke at night. The cats woke me up with their howling. I got out of bed and stepped into 2 inches of water on our floor. That mess took months to clean up with numerous carpeting and linoleum flooring replacements. Our current washing machine has a cutoff valve which is always off when we're not doing laundry and the hoses are braided steel instead of rubber.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede