View Single Post
      08-24-2016, 03:59 PM   #115
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I never thought about "prepaying" my utility and cell phone bills...

Also car/house payments generally don't take credit cards. At least the ones I have. I just googled it and it looks like you can work around that by buying money orders or using some services to do that. Seems a lot of hassle.
All the other stuff with money orders or cash cards are too complicated and costs money.

Just do cell phone and Comcast bills. I have like a $1200 credit on my cell phone bill and a $300 credit on my Comcast bill. If you had set up online bill pay on those accounts, you literally just hit the pay button again and type in your $ you want to prepay. Don't get lazy though, generally these companies have a cap on how much credit you can keep at one time. So don't put all $4000 at Comcast... Also, if you cancel service, it's all your money anyways, so they'll just cut you a check.

Sadly, $1200 is like 11 months of cell phone bill payments for my household, and $300 is like 3 months of Comcast.

Also, don't forget about insurance bills. They accept credit as well. And whatever is left over for spending, go to Safeway and buy a $200 Safeway/Amazon card or go to Chevron and buy a $200 Chevron gift card to prepay for all your spending at those locations.

I'm sitting on like $500 of Chevron cards and some various Target, Trader Joes, Safeway and Amazon cards at home.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 08-24-2016 at 04:06 PM..