08-24-2016, 03:55 PM   #112
BimmerRookie
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: E93 Cavalier Z24 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I applied online for the card yesterday and was approved in about 5 seconds. The weird part is that two of my coworkers are Chase Private Client customers and they are still waiting for approval. How weird is that!? It's been a couple of days already.

I promptly canceled my Amex Platinum just before I was to be hit with another $450 annual. I still plan to use my Amex Everyday Preferred card as my main card due to the 50% points multiplier on all categories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
they should call the Chase reconsideration line, they usually can expedite the process. Usually, they're backed up on fraud verification part of the approval process.

Last week, I applied for the Chase Hyatt card. Applied at 11pm. Next day, called the reconsideration line, asked about it, they said I was approved, but needed to check in whether it was a fraudulent application and that "they were going to call me".
For this card especially, Chase is upholding their 5/24 rule regularly. More often than not (confirmed on flyertalk), those exceeding 5/24 were given a waiting period or denials over those under the 5/24.