View Single Post
      07-23-2016, 09:21 AM   #311
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
Very well said. As of right now, we don't have any info and BMW doesn't have a solution. The initial batch of 202 has grown significantly. I checked today and there were no updates on what BMW plans to do. We'll hopefully have something next week. There isn't a complete solution yet. How BMW will handle this, and how they'll get the proper parts for replacement are still up in the air.
Thanks Mo for the support on this topic.

I assume that MY17's are rolling down the production line? if so then what are they building with? If it's good enough for MY17 then why isn't it good enough for MY16? All rhetorical questions I know as we are so far removed from the supply chain. I would assume that BMW is trying to figure out the logistics...steal from production or wait for supplier to build a bank and then ship out around the world.

My advice to those in dire situations (primary vehicle) or losing patience is to voice your concern to BMW HQ. They can collect the volume of calls/complaints and escalate within BMW to communicate with the CA's and then eventually to us the consumer. We have a large voice - we are the ones paying their paychecks at the end of the day. it's unreasonable to demand an update today/this minute but it's not unreasonable to request to receive updates/communication.