JDubz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
They won't know anything credible. Regional BMW reps don't have information yet. Lots of speculation by dealers passing on anecdotal stuff but nothing concrete as far as I can see... and as Mo said, they don't have a fix yet. If they did, the dealers would have credible information. They are heavily interested in this and are just as frustrated as future owners are (well, almost as frustrated ).

Communication is key, I agree, but I don't think BMW has anything meaningful to say yet so they are waiting until they do (although they should have some official announcement in the interim).
I just called BMW relations and your statements are correct - they are playing the diplomatic card "talk to your CA". However, I have a request to speak to a supervisor to echo the message of please keep us informed. Personally, I don't need an update for my specific car today all though it would be nice but collectively I want to convey that communication about status is important as some are growing impatient or running out of other options (primary vehicle) or made travel arrangements (one way ticket to PCD) like me.

I encourage to call BMW relations to echo my sediments if you agree - as a collective whole we are requesting an update/improved communication.
NA phone# 1800-831-1117
Yeah I think it's unfortunate that basically the dealers have no information and that the folks in corporate point you to them instead of just telling you there is no information.