Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 535i x drive F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic View Post
They work on commission. If they don't sell enough cars they get fired. If they waste their time trying to sell a car to someone who can't afford a car they could miss out on a sale. My nephew says guys in their early 20s come in all day long wanting to test drive AMG cars or G class. He says he laughs at them. Also said he has learned that if someone is making a big deal about themselves they can't afford the car. If he didn't make assumptions he could spend hours with someone and then they get declined for financing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic View Post
You tell someone to go fuck themselves and then you come back with a new BMW to taunt them. I am calling BS. Either that or you are a psychopath.
thats actually happened to me before, and yes I did go back to taunt them. I went to an Infiniti dealership and told them i wanted a specific car for a specific price. the dealer flat out told me it was impossible and he was losing money on it and told me some other ridiculously high number was his "lowest". when i told him no, he told me "sorry pal, if you cant afford Infiniti maybe you should check out our nissan dealership down the block". I told him to not be a pompous asshole, showed him the keys to my jag and walked out. Went to a dealership in long island and guess what.....got an even more loaded car for the price i wanted.

the next day the original dealer called me to ask if i was still interested. i told him i had found a car already, for the price i wanted from a dealer who was nothing but pleasant to work with and that I had nothing more to say to him. After i hung up, he started calling me back, telling me to come back, he will "lose money on the car", he'll give it to me for the same price. I said nope, picked up my car, drove to him and showed him. spoke to his manager and told him the story, i think he got fired.
Exactly, not sure how the asshole thought I was a psychopath for doing it. I wanted them to know they screwed up when treating me that way.