10-05-2015, 07:42 PM   #22
julienjj
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
It is not the matt grey car from our Sella 2.0 trip. I have already asked Thomas who owns the grey 1M if it was his car. Nor is it ace11 's 1M (the one with the gren accents from Frankfurt. It must be someone else's wrapped, 1M.

The best place for really high speed driving around Munich is to head North on the A9 Autobahn. The section between Allershausen and Ingolstadt is nice. Then the section between Greding and Nurnberg/Feucht is even nicer!! You can easily hit 300+ kph in the right car, with light traffic. I've done close to 290 kph there many times before.

The problem with the A92 Autobahn is it heads to the East... like Deggendorf and ultimately Czech... so you have a lot of cars going back to the Eastern countries... and well.. those drives are not so good at driving "quickly" and "safely" as say your average German is(not to mention the condition of the cars that come from the Eastern countries). I really prefer the A9 for really high speed driving.
Sucks for us in north america.... the speed limit is around 100kph on most of Canada and USA highways...
You are socially considered a ''dangerous outlaw'' if you ever go over 150kph... which, let's face it, is pretty much safe.
Gone : 135i 2008 | Gone : 2008 535i Touring|
Appreciate 1