M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy757
Hey Guys,

I am at a cross roads. On one hand, I can get a 1m Coupe, great car yadda yadda everyone knows about it.

On the other, I could get an M2, but if I did, I would really want to do a euro delivery AND get it in Santorini blue via the individual color (yes I know it is $5,000, but that is the way I'd want it).

Anyone have an idea how long before they would do the ED? Anyone with experience getting a ED on the M4?

I am basically expecting to be able to get an M2 in about a year, but with the ED would it add more time? Do they usually wait 6+ months after the debut to start the ED?

Would it be possible to get the M2 in Santorini blue"?

Any help would be great.
So.. Whaddya think of Long beach blue ?

I think your decision here is going to be made based on your love of blue.

If you have a line on a 1M in a color you prefer (clearly not blue of course, unless it's wrapped or you intend to do so... Not sure if there is a santorini 1M yet... )then go that route absolutely.

The 1M is an extraordinary machine and it's a collector car that will certainly hold its value over an M2. (see e30 m3 vs e36 m3)

However if you want a warranty, and more importantly, if you want a blue M car with original paint, then your choices are the M2 in long beach blue or break out your wallet and also go bigger in size and do individual on an M4.

You should be able to get an M2 hopefully via euro delivery if you are in the us and of course the m4 is available now.

European delivery is simply amazing. Other than trade in timing issues and waiting for the car to make the trip over its far and away the best way to pick up your new BMW.

It's probably about 50 percent of the reason for my interest in an M2, another 40 percent of my reason for swapping (if I ever decide to) would be for a new warranty, and about 10 percent for the more refined chassis. The reworked N55 Motor looks to be largely the same which I think is perfect as I am very happy with my stock 1m which is certainly traction, not power limited.

I am sure the M2 will be faster and it will likely handle better but speed is the least of my concerns, I could add a tune or mod for power, but I want the most involved driving experience. Between the E36M3 and E30 M3 hands down the winner is the E30M3 with respect to overall driving experience.
Appreciate 0