Originally Posted by AW335TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revcrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revcrazy
Here's the video.

I love how Porsche stuck it to McLaren too in the fact that the P1 not only had a better tire, but it had tires that were already heat cycled giving it further advantage. Porsche just said no, we'll use a lesser non heat cycled tire and beat the P1 anyway.

What do you think the turn out would be IF the McLaren was 4 wheel drive? I think IF the McLaren was 4 wheel drive it would win. Haha just bustin ur balls man.. Nice video, 918 sounds sick.. I'm surprised Chris Harris thinks the P1 sounds better.
918 absolutely sounds better no doubt about it.

This is where I find comparos get dicey. What ifs. What is the Porsche were lighter and had more hp? What if the p1 had awd. I still believe the 918 to be the best of the big three hyper cars. There's def a reason why Ferrari won't let a laferrari run against a stop watch on track with a 918, to the point that even customers aren't allowed to let mags use their private cars. Says a lot.
I just used the "what ifs" because of ours previous convos.

918 is the best?
Best looking? Best in a straight line? Best on a track? Best sounding? Best engine? Best materials? Best on the road? Best driving position? Best drivers car?

I've seen all 3 cars in person and LaFerarri deff looks the best to me. Biggest presence on the street. No track battles yet so can't really talk about track times. LaFerrari is fastest in a straight line, has the best engine and is the best sounding.

Lap times aside, the P1 looked a lot more fun to drive in that head to head. It's no secret, getting 900+ hp on the ground, through the rear wheels is a challenge. It's clear the 918 benefits from it's all wheel drive and it seems to be the benefits it has over the other two.

Ferrari not participating in track battles doesn't say much, if the car wasn't built to shatter track times they see no point. They have nothing to prove, they let the kids play. For me, it'll always be... LaFerrari, P1 then 918.
We all have opinions. I think the ferrari looks by far the worst...in fact other than the sound which still isn't as good as the 918 it has nothing arsteticslly nice about it.
To me building the 918 with AWD is just better engineering know that it will benefit from it. The 918 technically is a much great achievement in the calibration of all the systems than either of the other two and the track times are proving that. Each car was built the way it was and so far on track the 918 is king and ferrari are too much of cowards to try and prove otherwise. I have absolutely no respect for Ferrari, they by and large can't win without cheating and playing the system to their favor and even then it still doesn't work.
Hahahah ok.

McIntosh never used to submit any of their products for comparisons and they are known for making some of the best, if not the best, high end amplifiers and are highly respected in the high end audio world.

Liking Porsche more is one thing, hating another company just shows insecurity about your own choice. Always trying to put one company down to prove what you like is better. Constantly trying to validate your own opinion. Haters gona hate.
No I'm not hating, just speaking fact and truth. A company who builds cars such as these should let it all hang out and see where they truly stand.
I don't hate on Ferrari, they make some good cars but they are insecure about their own products otherwise they wouldn't go to measures like they do to limit who drives them, and who tests them.
And all reporters tuck in their tails and do what Ferrari says.

It's like calling a hot girl a lesbian because she won't have sex with you or someone you know, to prove she's not.

Not sure what you consider hating, but your clearly hate on Ferrari. The video you posted shows a very experienced driver being a lot more impressed with the P1, calling it a real drivers car and having a lot more fun in the P1. Yes, 918 posts lap times, but when it comes to pure driving experience, it doesn't stand a chance. All the reviews I've seen say the P1 and LaFerrari are in a league of their own. That's the truth and fact.

Haha and you're like the kid who thinks he is a better person than everyone else because he can run a little faster.

Ferrari never claimed it was the fastest or claimed any track lap times.