E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
It boggles my mind how the Benz engine can be so much more powerful. There's really no secret how to make power and we are not talking small obscure cash strapped small engine manufacturers. It's Renault, Honda and Ferrari for heavens sake. If it was reliability that had a large gap I'd understand but this much power gap? They should all be ashamed of themselves. Lol, I'm not signing up for a new NSX that's for sure...
I wouldn't read too much on Honda's performance into normal road legal cars. Like previous F1 experience didn't help Honda and Toyota on their road vehicles. I still wouldn't buy a Honda or Acura coz their boring vehicle line-ups....especially Acura consists of Sedans and SUVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squddie View Post
I am genuinely curious what would happen if BMW would enter.

Hey the 6-cylinder should be right up their alley.
Neh~ BMW doesn't do V6~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Yah...I heard about McLaren lower their expectation before the race to just "finish". WTF!!! That's pathetic....what happened to Ron Dennis goal of being the best, and here to win. F***.....coming here to and finish the race will feel like a win. WTF is that shit!

Are they trying to make HRT, Manor-Marussia, and Caterham feel better? Or McLaren is trying to join them? Sh1t, Bruce McLaren will in anger and awake from his grave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
There is this, though:

""They are absolutely 100 percent right," Ecclestone told Reuters about the need to equalise performance.

"There is a rule that I think [former FIA president] Max [Mosley] put in when he was there that in the event...that a particular team or engine supplier did something magic - which Mercedes have done - the FIA can level up things.

"They have done a first class job which everybody acknowledges.

"What we should have done was frozen the Mercedes engine and leave everybody else to do what they want so they could have caught up."
I also did recall McLaren mentioned about being a customer team (before Mercedes's primary customer was McLaren), they can never win. Also something related to the time-frame of Mercedes provide engine mounting drawings and etc to customers team were of course later than the works team.

Don't forget Mercedes develop their chassis and engine parallel in house. Where as customer teams will need to allocate some more room in engine compartment without knowing the final drawings provided from Brixworth, Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrain. That means customer team cannot fully optimize the chassis.

Also, Although the ECU were supplied by McLaren Applied Technology, and governed by the FIA. But there's also certain programming that can be done within FIA regulation. Such as engine mapping, clutch, etc. Perhaps there's some sweet spot that at certain RPM can do a better launch? Who knows. I'm sure Mercedes always have something close to their chest and up their sleeves.