01-19-2015, 06:12 AM   #5
singh21
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuka View Post
Interesting chat you had.... I wonder, how that would actually stand up to scrutiny. Innocent until proven guilty and if someone goes with a piggyback tune and removes it without trace I'd find it hard to believe that without any hard evidence BMW could 100% prove anything.

Yes the software could show different reading for an amount of time, but what's to say that isn't due to fuel quality, ambient conditions/ sea level etc.

I'm not saying your wrong, but the conversation has some more mileage in it me thinks...

Baring in mind a true piggy back intercepts/changes signals to the engine after leaving the ecu - so if the ecu commands 10psi boost and the tuning box adds a further 5psi the ecu is still reading that 10psi was requested/achieved.

I note that the following seem to offer something in the UK.

- Evolve - Piggyback
- Litchfield Version 1 (current) - Piggyback
- Litchfield Version 2 (R&D Feb 15) - Remap
- DMS - Remap
- Rebellion Automotive - Piggyback

And as I say across the pond, from previous experience BMS (JB4) are a good bet. But again Piggyback.

Yes I kinda always think they try to scare me off tunes with their warranty talk. He did say however he had no official information on how to act upon aftermarket tune.

One interesting thing he mentioned also was that catless downpipes should not be an issue and would only void warranty if they could pin any claims onto the downpipes.

and for £700 Litchfield seems like a great shout at 500+bhp!
Appreciate 0