08-03-2007, 09:29 PM   #47
F2006
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 428i GC M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325 Baller View Post
At my highschool laptops are required from 6th grade up. Im going to be a senior this coming year and my current apple just wont cut it. I have to restart it 3 times a day to get word and aim working at the same time:mad:
I convinced the parents to get me a computer for this year,being that i have multiple ap classes and cant get away with pen and paper like i did last year. I decided to get a lower model computer this year to save him some money and then next year get one that will last 2-3 years for college. I thought i had it all chosen up til yesterday. I was going to get a mac book (black) refurbished from apple for 1299. like 600 dollars off. Yesterday my father and i were in Circuit City looking at a digital camera for my mother when I saw a neat little computer. Its a Hp Tx1000z series. Its small 12.1" widescreen with touchscreen. Its also a tablet. The one from circuit city was amd dual core 2.0 2048 ram and 160 gb HD with windows vista. Id have to upgrade to buisness for school but thats not a problem. All in al it seems like a good computer and for the price im beginning to like it ALOT. It comes with a webcam +mic + fingerprint scanner. The price is 1000. Ive fallen in love with macs but its just easier for school to use a PC. I think im leaning towards the HP because its cheaper and its a tablet, which I think will come in handy...anyone wanna chime in and gimme some advice on which one to chose from?
By my experience the small screen is a pain. Try to get at least a 14" screen. I would favor the screen size over the gadgets. Have you checked the Costco site? They have some good deals, for little more than what you plan to spend. Also, the Costco return policy is unbeatable.