01-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #64
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 "325i"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
I just find this thread funny. You knew the car was turbo'd before you bought it and you still purchased it. Now you are whining when BMW doesn't make a N/A engine. Why don't you just go buy a Vette then? Some people understand the potential power of a FI engine over a N/A engine.

I chose my 135i because it was just as quick as a stock 06 GTO, close to the quickness 5.0 Mustang, faster than a Camaro SS and also it got better gas mileage and still had 4 seats. While you're swapping heads, adding a cam(s) or stroking your N/A engine, the FI guys are tuning, adding meth, swapping turbo's/changing pullies or adding a FMIC. They will still be faster and making more power.

Top fuel dragster are S/C monster V8s pushing 8000 hp, why? Because the V8 is as far as it will go so they needed the S/C to help out. They go 0-100 mph in .7 seconds......
My car doesn't have a turbo. And if they "must" leave the NA route why not superchargers. So then there wouldn't be any turbo lag.
Koni special active red, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit. Silicon intake pipe. M3 control arms front, M3 rear. ECS trailing arm with whiteline bushings. Purple powerflex subframe bushings. Yellow power flex upper shock mounts. Single mass flywheel OE weight.