01-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #5774
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATT0404 View Post
It is rather large and heavy. I was really torn between the 100-400L, the 300 f/4L, and the 400 f5.6L. All can be had at similar price points, with the 100-400L being slightly more expensive. I feel that the range will be beneficial to me, though. I can't wait to get out and shoot with it!
you'll enjoy it. You may not use it as much as you like, but when you do, it's a delight.

I have it and love it, but it doesn't see a lot of camera time sadly.

the one thing I don't like about it is that it's not a consistent F stop. So, I tend to set it at F5.6 so it never chances on me, unless i want to try and get a tiny bit more bokeh at 100. But if I really want more bokeh at 100, i'd put on basically any other lens I own as the rest of them go down to 2.8 or lower.

I did a lot of horse jumping photography with it, and it did a fantastic job. It's also fun to shoot the moon with and some wildlifing.

It's also a very nice lens for making people laugh and feel uncomfortable, just with how big it can get to.

me with my 100-400 not extended at all. And no, I try not to scrunch my face up like that when i shoot now.
Attached Images