Arben72
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duderino View Post
+1

Agreed. The fact of the matter is that the numbers don't lie. You are statistically several fold more likely to get into a fatal car accident as a teenage driver -- particularly because this is your first car. The fact that this is a 420 hp vehicle only compounds the issue.

It really doesn't matter how responsible you think you or your parents believe you to be -- you are far more likely to kill yourself (and others) than an experienced driver. Period.

As a surgeon involved in significant facial trauma work, I think this type of behavior should be considered borderline criminal on the part of the parents. Not because you place yourself at risk -- that is, after all, your choice -- but because of the risk careless adolescent driving poses to everyone else.

Spend some time trying to reassemble a teenager's face post-accident and then disagree with me...
I'd like you to name 1 car I couldn't kill my self in. If I wanted to go fast, or choose idiotic choices while driving, I could do it in my fathers 1990 Nissan maxima beater. Just because a cars faster doesn't mean anything. After 120 mph (Which most cars since the 1980's can reach) chances of surviving a collision are nil. It doesn't matter if the cars faster. Yes I do agree that the car is a lot for me but Ive driven cars that would make this car look like a yugo.
My father is not moronic. I was actually going to get a 335xi (still fast) but he knew how much I loved the m3. He tried to talk me into a 5 series a e class and his '10 s class (all of which are fine cars) but the 3 series was my favorite out of all of them. But to finish up this post any car can injure you and I understand what you mean by 414 hp (temptation) but I controlled myself driving my dad's 380 hp s550 and now his 430 hp s550 so I am pretty sure I can control myself now.
Appreciate 0