09-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
reprod
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3 ZCP

KWv1 Freshly Refreshed... What To Do...

Hey guys/gals,
I just got my KW v1s back from KW's workshop out of California (after an agonizing wait for months) . My problem is that now the summer is over and all the fun summer days are gone. I dont know if I should wait until the spring (after winter) to drop them into my new '11 or if I should just jump in and install them just for the handling/looks. I've got my non-RFTs sitting in my shed too just waiting to be installed when the temps drop. . I'm torn as to whether I should put these through an extra winter.

Just to give credit where credit is due . KW did an awesome job on my coils. They gave me new strut rods, rebuilt the entire internal structure of the strut, bump stops, seals and freshly lubricated. Essentially new front struts! They also gave me 2 new rear dampers. I essentially have a brand new set of coil-overs sitting in my basement. Awesome worksmanship on their part. They took a bit long and it required many phone calls on my part to get it done but they came through. Just a little too late. Bimmerfest on the East Coast is coming up now too in a few weeks.

So what would you do? Spare the coils an unnecessary winter or give the xi a little drop?
Appreciate 0