New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E39) Forums (1995 - 2003) > General E39 Discussions

06-22-2023, 04:44 AM   #1
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

Wanted - UK E39 530i

Although I've been a BMW fan from when I was first getting into cars at a young age, it wasn't until the late 1990s when I could drive them that I truly understood what BMWs were about.

Fast forward 20+ years and I have a hankering for my all time favourite BMW of that era - an E39 530i saloon auto (facelift) with under 100k miles on the clock. Ideally I want it to be cosmetically clean (for its age) and mechanically sound. My budget is £4k-£6k, but obviously the cheaper the better.

If anyone on here is looking to sell their E39 and you think it fits the bill then give me a shout.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 10:28 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep

Drives: G30 M550

Whilst I don’t have one to sell ( sorry) i can certainly applaud you desire to get one of these
I had one from new in 2002, a 530i Msport auto and kept it for 10 years
What a car and I still regret having traded it in (for a f10)

I still follow it on MOT history and it saddens me as to how it was mistreated by susbsequent owners

It’s a superb car , the main plus points I feel were the steering. Best feel and feedback of any car I’ve owned, if only cars today were like this
Overall feeling of quality, put together really well with high grade materials
Looks superb especially with the m parallel wheels

There is the m cars day at Bicester heritage 28th of august, I doubt there will be many e39s there although M5s it worth a visit and you never know , you might find a contact there who might have or know someone who has one to sell
Appreciate 0