New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E39) Forums (1995 - 2003) > General E39 Discussions

06-25-2014, 03:19 PM   #1
petritnikqi
Rep

Drives: BMW

BMW E39 530d won't start

I have a BMW e39 2000 530d (184 HP)

I've installed a new low pressure pump (in the fuel tank), and a high pressure one that is located under the drivers seat, and I still have the problem. The problem is every 3-4 days when the engine is warm it cranks, but it wont start. And sometimes it sounds like its going to start but nothing, i try 3-4 times nothing, i wait a minute or two. boom it starts, it drives great, no weird noises from the engine, normal sound, no smoke from the exhaust. But again after few days the same problem appears, but again after cranking and waiting it starts.
I went to a local dealer he plugged into a BOSCH computer. And it said that there is a problem with the camshaft sensor. Then I said to him, change it!
He said not yet, im not completely sure. If it happens again, we might have to change it.

He Also "tested" the fuel injectors with that bosch computer, but im not completely sure that test is reliable.

If anyone can help me please share your knowledge, this is driving me nuts.

Pardon my english.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 02:42 AM   #2
tomas92
Registered
Rep

Drives: E39 530D 142kw

Hello,
I have similar problem with my E39 530D 2002 142kw.
When engine is cold I need to crank it a lot to run, when it starts, working rough with a lot of thick white smoke. Car shaking, looks like not all cylinders working. When car gets around 60+ celsius, then all working fine, without any shaking, any smoke, looks like nothing bad with it. If you turn off engine and start again on warm engine it starts just fine. I have already checked all injectors they are good, changed all glow plugs, all vacuum hoses, fuel filter, pcv filter, egr removed.

It is video when engine is cold:

[video=youtube;INJ-HswtLOc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INJ-HswtLOc[/video]

it is video when engine is warm:

you can see rail pressure jumping, injectors work changing and hear rough engine work when its cold. Maybe anyone can help? thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 04:22 PM   #3
210_530i_MSport
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2001 BMW 530i M Sport

I just bought my son a 2001 530i M Sport a few months back and when I was driving it the other day it began to slip in 1st and 2nd gear. As the car gradually began to warm up, the slipping got worse. Is this a common concern for this model? Any information would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0