New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-02-2017, 11:55 AM   #67
ExclusiveDetail
Rep

Drives: 2023 BMW X6M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Looking for a new mattress as well. Probably will go with Casper. Tempurpedic looks nice but I'm not shelling out $4400+ tax for a mattress (breeze version).
Check out Everlay.. Two free pillows with a purchase of any mattress!

www.everlay.com
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 06:59 AM   #68
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
I don't think you get it, it's more than just a form mattress, it's a full adjustable/motorized base with two massage motors built into each side with a remote control.

I've had 'regular' beds, all I'm saying is this setup changed my sleep entirely. Not only me but my wife also. Plus because it's split king, I can toss and turn all I want and I won't wake her up anymore, our previous pocket coil and memory form mattresses would still wake her up when I toss n turn in my sleep. In fact, I don't even toss and turn much anymore, I just knock out and I never used to sleep like that before.
Everyone loves the motorized liberator
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 10:24 AM   #69
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

We're just back from Ikea, where 2 mattesses were bought, one med and one hard. Both are pocket spring suspended, first impressions were good, reporting later the experiences

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 02:59 PM   #70
GoHokiesGo
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
I don't think you get it, it's more than just a form mattress, it's a full adjustable/motorized base with two massage motors built into each side with a remote control.

I've had 'regular' beds, all I'm saying is this setup changed my sleep entirely. Not only me but my wife also. Plus because it's split king, I can toss and turn all I want and I won't wake her up anymore, our previous pocket coil and memory form mattresses would still wake her up when I toss n turn in my sleep. In fact, I don't even toss and turn much anymore, I just knock out and I never used to sleep like that before.
Just out of curiosity - what type of sheets do you use with adjustable split king beds? Do you use two twin sheets on each half, or are there special split sheets?

The fitted sheets on my bed wouldn't really allow either side to be more than a few inches different on adjustment height, so I've always been curious what you do on these? If they're separate sheets, don't you end up with a gap down the middle?

JP Photography - Travel/Landscape/Automotive Photography
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 03:14 PM   #71
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep

Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Looking for a new mattress as well. Probably will go with Casper. Tempurpedic looks nice but I'm not shelling out $4400+ tax for a mattress (breeze version).
Have a Tempurpedic Breeze. Hate it. Can't wait to get rid of it. Way to firm. Looking at getting a Casper, but IKEA has some good offerings.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 06:39 PM   #72
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Have a Tempurpedic Breeze. Hate it. Can't wait to get rid of it. Way to firm. Looking at getting a Casper, but IKEA has some good offerings.
I have always been iffy about those Ikea beds. I just feel like since they are a budget place that perhaps the beds are low quality too. I'm sure I'm wrong but it's just my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 03:23 AM   #73
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Ikea isnt maybe exclusively like special shops for beds and mattrasses, but here we got a 1-year warranty to return the mattrass, if its at least not the kind of desired one. You'll get a credit note or another model for home and thats quite fair.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 07:32 AM   #74
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep

Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
I have always been iffy about those Ikea beds. I just feel like since they are a budget place that perhaps the beds are low quality too. I'm sure I'm wrong but it's just my opinion.
Well, if Tempurpedic can charge $4000 for a single hunk of foam.......

Price =/= quality. We just bought IKEA pillows, amazing quality for the price.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 11:41 AM   #75
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Well, if Tempurpedic can charge $4000 for a single hunk of foam.......

Price =/= quality. We just bought IKEA pillows, amazing quality for the price.
True. Brother has a mattress from Ikea and he likes it. I tried it out and it's not bad.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 12:11 PM   #76
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Drives: Something Italian

I also have a friend who owns a Tempurpedic dealer and hooked me up. I love it. My back and shoulder pain (from side sleeping) has long gone away. And pretty much immediately upon sleeping on that mattress. It's one of their firmer options with different density layers. No need to flip, no need to spin, just enjoy sound sleeping. The wife is up a few times each night and i don't wake up anymore since getting this mattress. For the benefit i received with this mattress, i wouldn't even care if i had paid full price for it.

However, if i were shopping for a mattress today, i'd likely try out those less expensive memory foam mattresses as i can't see there being much of a difference between those and Tempurpedic.
      03-09-2017, 08:23 PM   #77
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 M3

A lot of great tips! I have some homework to do now.

I don't have any mattress tips. But I do on grammar.

Laying vs. lying

Think of laying the same way as putting something down.

Think of lying for what you do in bed.

I am lying down in bed preparing to lay some pipe.

03-10-2017, 10:02 PM   #78
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
Just out of curiosity - what type of sheets do you use with adjustable split king beds? Do you use two twin sheets on each half, or are there special split sheets?

The fitted sheets on my bed wouldn't really allow either side to be more than a few inches different on adjustment height, so I've always been curious what you do on these? If they're separate sheets, don't you end up with a gap down the middle?
A split king is two Twin XL sheet sets.

Yes there is a gap, but pushed close together it doesn't bother us. You can always throw a king flat sheet on top if you wanted.
Appreciate 1
      03-26-2017, 08:38 AM   #79
racerblade
Costco Member
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 M4 Sakhir Orange

I've had a bunch of different beds - everything from expensive traditional mattresses, to Tempurpedic, and almost bought a Sleep Number, but couldn't bring myself to layout north of $3K for an air mattress. All claimed to help relieve back pain, and have good air circulations. None of them did, and every single one cratered. Mind you - I'm not a big guy - 5'7", 160.

I saw a Facebook Ad for Purple, and took a chance. About $1K for a King Size mattress, with a 100 night trial, and no shipping in either direction - why not. The Purple mattress actually lived up to it's reputation - it helped relieve my back pain, an doesn't sleep hot at all. Whenever it comes time to replace it, I'll buy another in a heartbeat.

The only con IMHO is that it's not as tall as a traditional mattress. Depending on the headboard you have, there may be a gap that pillows can slip through.
      03-29-2017, 11:03 AM   #80
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
I have a Tempurpedic Breeze and love it personally. Much better than traditional or sleep number. I also don't feel like I have to worry about "when it comes to replace it" as it should last long enough that I don't have to worry about it.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 12:24 PM   #81
damnitBobby
Major
Rep

Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Bump

Anyone have experience with Amerisleep beds?

They apparently have the best reviews (verified buyers). 100 day risk-free trial.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 05:03 PM   #82
BadAstroknot
Rep

Drives: 2016 Black M235i xDrive

If you're into soft mattresses, I have been using a pillow top queen from IKEA for years. I love it.
      04-08-2017, 09:25 PM   #83
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

I can't wait to get my ass back home and in my beautyrest recharge plush pillow top tbh
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 06:26 PM   #84
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

https://www.leesa.com/products/leesa-mattress

Anyone tried this? Looks similar to Casper.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 08:03 PM   #85
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Try cardboard.....some swear by it.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 10:30 PM   #86
fitzpali
Rep
n/a

Drives:

Let try Lull mattress. You have 100 day & night in-home mattress trial to make sure your purchase was the right purchase.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 11:21 PM   #87
Mingwan
Major
Rep

Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

The floor
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 06:45 AM   #88
DanielLee5
Banned
Rep

Drives: BMW 1998

I could talk about mattresses for hours may be, as I worked in this industry for 3 years, and I must admit modern mattresses can't be compared to those which were popular 5 years ago, the technology has advanced crazily and it goes on developing. Good brands provide with 10 years of official warranty, just imagine what a quality these mattresses can boast with. I could trust this review on 2017 top mattress models sleepissimple.co.uk/ , it reflects the latest tendencies and the most important features like type of layers, material, firmness, warranty and price. I am on to buy Leesa Premium Foam mattress next year, as mine is out of time, can't wait to test out new generation of memory foam goods.

Last edited by DanielLee5; 01-08-2018 at 03:37 AM..
Appreciate 0