New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Yesterday, 04:31 PM   #6469
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Guys, I'm curious, how much does it cost monthly for all your subscriptions/channels/etc?
Sometimes I’ll get a channel for a specific show then cancel when the show ends.
      Yesterday, 04:32 PM   #6470
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

I won't count Prime because the mrs will get that for shipping anyways so the content is free.

My "TV" via Bell for 25 basic channels including sport is $28 including tax and i somehow get Crave (HBO) for free. I find you still need the network channels for sport or world events when people are over. Netflix $15 with tax. So call it $45ish CDN bucks.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #6471
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I'm about to cancel apple, everything is meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I cancelled it last July.

We recently re-subscribed to Netflix and Hulu after cancelling those. I will cancel them again when we get sick of their content. See no reason to pay monthly if we aren't watching them.
I'm about to cancel also, but just because I've seen everything I wanted to see already. I'll subscribe again when they get some new seasons or some new shows I like.

Quote:
I still find Netflix miles better than anything else.
What's on Netflix recently that's better than the stuff on Apple?

On Apple I really liked Invasion, Silo, Foundation, Slow Horses, Severance, Masters of the Air... the only one I watched and really didn't like was Monarch... fucking Godzilla show with no... Godzilla.

The last things I remember watching on Netflix that were good was Dark (and 1899) and Squid Games plus I feel that was long ago. The Witcher and Stranger Things even longer than that. Rebel Moon movies were alright, but not a series. 3 Body Problem was decent, but still think Apple TV is better, especially sci-fi.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:21 PM   #6472
MADBMWX5MC
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
Masters of the Air.
Excellent show, then I watched the documentary which was also great
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:06 AM   #6473
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Retired

Quote:
I still find Netflix miles better than anything else.
Noooo! Really? Even with all the woke content?!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:22 AM   #6474
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I'm about to cancel also, but just because I've seen everything I wanted to see already. I'll subscribe again when they get some new seasons or some new shows I like.

What's on Netflix recently that's better than the stuff on Apple?

On Apple I really liked Invasion, Silo, Foundation, Slow Horses, Severance, Masters of the Air... the only one I watched and really didn't like was Monarch... fucking Godzilla show with no... Godzilla.

The last things I remember watching on Netflix that were good was Dark (and 1899) and Squid Games plus I feel that was long ago. The Witcher and Stranger Things even longer than that. Rebel Moon movies were alright, but not a series. 3 Body Problem was decent, but still think Apple TV is better, especially sci-fi.
I am not into Sci-Fi and don't care for the limited amount of other content Apple offers. Watched Ted Lasso and thought it was ok, but don't get the hysteria over it. Started Severance but didn't care for it. Shrinking was moderately amusing and there was some other show I liked ok but don't recall the name of it.

We jump in and out of Netflix and Hulu. Interested in seeing A Man in Full and liked Ripley. Also liked Lincoln Lawyer. Those are the most recents shows that come to mind. Wife likes Outlander and some other shows but not my kind of thing. Might check out Baby Reindeer. I like their older network/cable TV show library but generally don't think it is worth the price (to us) to maintain a continuous subscription.
      Today, 08:31 AM   #6475
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

I find Apple's Sci-Fi very sterile, Invasion was absolutely terrible. There's a look and a feel to Apple's stuff that is very cold and feels AI generated. Ted Lasso started great but by episode 5 it was effectively over, the story line was clear and we bailed. Too many shows in general start OK but fade quickly which is why I much prefer movies.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 11:42 AM   #6476
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I am not into Sci-Fi and don't care for the limited amount of other content Apple offers. Watched Ted Lasso and thought it was ok, but don't get the hysteria over it. Started Severance but didn't care for it. Shrinking was moderately amusing and there was some other show I liked ok but don't recall the name of it.

We jump in and out of Netflix and Hulu. Interested in seeing A Man in Full and liked Ripley. Also liked Lincoln Lawyer. Those are the most recents shows that come to mind. Wife likes Outlander and some other shows but not my kind of thing. Might check out Baby Reindeer. I like their older network/cable TV show library but generally don't think it is worth the price (to us) to maintain a continuous subscription.
I'm the opposite, I love scifi, probably why I like Apple TV. I think they have more sci-fi shows (at least recent ones) than most other streaming services.

Quote:
I find Apple's Sci-Fi very sterile, Invasion was absolutely terrible. There's a look and a feel to Apple's stuff that is very cold and feels AI generated. Ted Lasso started great but by episode 5 it was effectively over, the story line was clear and we bailed. Too many shows in general start OK but fade quickly which is why I much prefer movies.
Hmmmm haven't noticed that. I do think a lot of the shows end like crap but I think that has to do with trying to leave it open for the next season. Not sure how the writing process works, like do they know if there will be another season before they start writing it? Do they know before they write it that it's the last season? Some shows feel like they don't know and they are writing it as they go.

Also I feel like the amount of shows they have to produce today is insane compared to back in the day. Plus the production quality is so much higher than the sitcoms of the past.

There were some high production shows starting around the 2000s like Band of Brothers but I think shows like GOT and Breaking Bad took TV shows to another level. Now with streaming every service wants to have their own must see show and with binge watching (thanks Netflix!) we are going through shows like crazy.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:24 PM   #6477
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

You know that look and feel of scandanavian shows? Sort of a cold grey/green feel ..... that's what I feel when i watch Apple Sci fi.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:53 PM   #6478
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Currently watching the 4th season of True Detective and I’m not loving it. Hope it has a nice climax at the end. Please, no spoilers.
      Today, 04:06 PM   #6479
MassWholeBimmer
Private
Rep

Drives: 2023 X5 M50i

..and I'm currently watching "Orange Is the New Black". It's been out since 2013'ish... just never got around to watching it back in the day.
      Today, 04:11 PM   #6480
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Also watching Burden of Proof and I’m liking it.

Daughter’s got me in to these true crime documentaries. Have watched several and I like them so far.