New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-21-2017, 05:22 AM   #45
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: G20

Sometimes I say something like: If you can do this for - insert amount- I will put down a deposit today and look to collect by the end of the week. That way they get excited about a quick sale and seriously customer.

I never take my partner with me. I go alone and build up a picture of how she will kill me if I spend - insert amount - so the dealer thinks that I am trying to get a good deal and cannot influence my other half.

If you show how badly you want the car then this can go against you because then the dealer knows your weakness.

This guy has some good tips:

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 06:27 AM   #46
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13296.00
      11-21-2017, 06:34 AM   #47
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
The dealers I have been frequenting in the Miami area do not move on either the trade or sales price... kind of laughable.

Again... let me repeat my point... car private party online value - $12-$13k, dealer offered 6

Car for sale $34k... available elsewhere for 31... dealer wont budge.

Add dealer fees to that... this is sexual assault the way I see it.
I don't buy anything in Miami. Worst of the worst bottom of the barrel scum. I have family that lives down there and it's the only reason I go down there at all. One time for shits and giggles I stopped to look at a car they had advertised on this site I see online all the time with decent pricing on cars (advertised). Their website is pretty nice and probably one of the best ones I've seen.

I pull up to this place and I swear I thought I was at some kind of flea market. Music blasting all the sharks standing around. They barely had any cars there, the inside of the dealer was basically one long ass table with computers every 5ft or so and behind that another long desk where I guess all the managers sat. I asked where the cars were and he said they keep most of them in another location he would have to drive us to. This guy takes one of the cars they had for sale (which he mentioned was actually already sold) an Audi A8 and drives us to the other location. This dude isnt even slowing down for speed bumps all I could think of was the poor bastard who bought the car.

Anyways went off on rant, needless to say didn't buy anything there and just reaffirms my belief never to buy anything in Miami.
well, I cannot argue with you sir...

I think a massive part of the problem down here in this area are the crowds that typically buy cars-

1) Dumbasses or simple people that dont know math and can easily get taken advantage of.
2) Very wealthy that simply dont care.

The 2 groups above ruin the market for everyone...
      11-21-2017, 10:07 AM   #48
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep

Drives: Bmw

My SA told me many people pay msrp in the bay area.

Mindblowing.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 10:25 AM   #49
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Looks like the guy in finance pushing the deal of the day! Who has had a lot of interest in the car so you need to move quickly or it will be snapped up. Sign here and no one gets hurt...
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5139.00
      11-21-2017, 11:28 AM   #50
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
well, I cannot argue with you sir...

I think a massive part of the problem down here in this area are the crowds that typically buy cars-

1) Dumbasses or simple people that dont know math and can easily get taken advantage of.
2) Very wealthy that simply dont care.

The 2 groups above ruin the market for everyone...
Yup my uncle being one of them. Bought a car for the first time ever as he's always driven old cars my father or other uncle would give him.

I helped him buy a cheap used car and when I asked him what he could afford he said like $600/month. We were looking at sub $10k cars so that goes to show how little he knew about how much cars actually cost. I don't remember the exact deal but ended up getting a CPO Hyundai Accent and I can guarantee you had I not been there he would be paying $600/month for a Hyundai Accent.
Appreciate 0