New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

10-24-2017, 10:59 AM   #595
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
You must hate it just because you have to remove rather than add. And seriously, is clearing the bar in your gym's rules or just your own? I don't see an issue in that honestly.
EVERY gym I have ever been in, the rules clearly state Re-rack your weight. That means your barbells, your dumbbells, and your plates off the bars. The phrase is "Go big OR go home" not "THEN go home and leave it for everyone else to clean up"
Appreciate 4
zx10guy5139.00
shay2nak1070.00
      10-24-2017, 11:14 AM   #596
No one
Major
Rep

Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
EVERY gym I have ever been in, the rules clearly state Re-rack your weight. That means your barbells, your dumbbells, and your plates off the bars.
I am an occasional visitor to gyms. Haven't been to many and I don't think I ever saw that (apart from cleaning up the equipment after use) although I hate rules violation and usually read the instructions. It's obvious about dumbbells but I recall I always found plates piled beside bars and some on them. Just wondered. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 11:28 AM   #597
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
I recall I always found plates piled beside bars and some on them. Just wondered. Thank you!
You never worked on a bar/machine after me then.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 11:34 AM   #598
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep

Drives: 335i M Sport

I hate when people squat in the curl rack

335i M Sport 6MT || PS2 Turbo, FBO, XDI-35 HPFP, BM3, KW, MP BBK, OEM+
INSTAGRAM || BUILD THREAD
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 11:49 AM   #599
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30_SixSpeed View Post
I hate when people squat in the curl rack
Yoga pants not allowed in your gym???
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2017, 06:24 PM   #600
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
- if you thought it was bad dudes wearing man leggings with at least a long shirt covering their junk (in the US) - out here in Mexico (Guadalajara specifically) it's a total trend for dudes to wear tight tank tops+ high tops+ the same booty shorts women wear- and no one says anything! I'm like "wtf...nobody wants to see that" but I'm in the minority!
      10-25-2017, 06:55 PM   #601
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 M3 E90

They've started this promo to pay extra for "group trainings" for 60 mins, of course during primetime...they might have 4-6 pigeons who're paying extra to attend this class but rather than hold it in the separate enclosed rooms they're out in the main area...Well they turn up the volume over the main PA system to double where you can no longer hear your own music or carry on a conversation. I've asked them to turn it down, but they say it's a main office thing. Nothing like losing your hearing so they can promote something that almost NO ONE uses
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 06:56 PM   #602
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
- if you thought it was bad dudes wearing man leggings with at least a long shirt covering their junk (in the US) - out here in Mexico (Guadalajara specifically) it's a total trend for dudes to wear tight tank tops+ high tops+ the same booty shorts women wear- and no one says anything! I'm like "wtf...nobody wants to see that" but I'm in the minority!
I been wearing meggings since like 04.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 07:00 PM   #603
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
Quote:
I been wearing meggings since like 04.
I do too- but you know- shirt reaches between knees and cock to cover up the goods-

But the culture out here dictates otherwise apparently. "If a girl wears it, so can I" mentality.
      10-26-2017, 02:25 AM   #604
No one
Major
Rep

Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
But the culture out here dictates otherwise apparently. "If a girl wears it, so can I" mentality.
Of course you can, if you are a girl! See those MMA male fighters: some wear booty shorts openly, others put a skirt atop.

Back in 2000 I was shocked to find out US attitude to men's swimwear: why would you wear pants on a beach? That's just ridiculous. What I had always thought men's swimwear was wasn't the same women wore! It hid the "goods" actually better than unlined (men's!) board shorts (straight from US) I wear on a beach these days.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 09:13 AM   #605
Thai_LCPD
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW M3

gym + kik-box.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #606
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

most ridiculous thing i seen this evening at the gym this guy literally left the flat bench dripping with sweat and never bothered to wipe it off as he left to use the incline bench. this girl who wanted to use it asked him if he was gonna wipe it off and he literally said "that's not my sweat!" clearly everybody saw he was just on it and this dude was soaked from head to toe in sweat. funny part is i said, "Bro, seriously, that's all you!" he looked at me and you could see he wanted to tell me to go ef off but he decided to keep it too himself as he seen all my buddies start to gather around me lol! his whole attitude changed as he walked over to the paper towel machine and grabbed some paper as he came back with a smile wiped the bench down and said to her "there you go." all i did was give him the thumbs up and he just smirked at me

i don't get how people can leave their nasty sweaty crap all over the bench or machine and expect somone else to clean it up?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 2
geogerf115.50
shay2nak1070.00
      11-10-2017, 10:45 AM   #607
geogerf
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: MY17 LBB M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
most ridiculous thing i seen this evening at the gym this guy literally left the flat bench dripping with sweat and never bothered to wipe it off as he left to use the incline bench. this girl who wanted to use it asked him if he was gonna wipe it off and he literally said "that's not my sweat!" clearly everybody saw he was just on it and this dude was soaked from head to toe in sweat. funny part is i said, "Bro, seriously, that's all you!" he looked at me and you could see he wanted to tell me to go ef off but he decided to keep it too himself as he seen all my buddies start to gather around me lol! his whole attitude changed as he walked over to the paper towel machine and grabbed some paper as he came back with a smile wiped the bench down and said to her "there you go." all i did was give him the thumbs up and he just smirked at me

i don't get how people can leave their nasty sweaty crap all over the bench or machine and expect somone else to clean it up?
good job confronting him
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #608
Webby12
Rep

Drives: Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post

Couldn't agree more
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2017, 09:27 AM   #609
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

Drives: a bicycle

When you ask for a spot and they:

1) touch the bar even in the slightest WAY TOO EARLY
2) keep their hands way too close

I tell them, "keep your hands off until I say spot, l want to fight"

It even bothers me when I am not the one getting spotted. There was some guy trying to lift some big weights, the spotter was there way too much. I was upset for the guy because it basically nulled and voided his lift.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2017, 09:36 AM   #610
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
When you ask for a spot and they:

1) touch the bar even in the slightest WAY TOO EARLY
2) keep their hands way too close

I tell them, "keep your hands off until I say spot, l want to fight"

It even bothers me when I am not the one getting spotted. There was some guy trying to lift some big weights, the spotter was there way too much. I was upset for the guy because it basically nulled and voided his lift.
lol i get your point but you are asking for help.
      11-23-2017, 09:38 AM   #611
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Drives: Race car->

Ha I had a spot trying to pause 315 bench. I literally fought the guy at the bottom I was pulling down he was trying to get it off. Get yer hands off
Appreciate 1
PoorLurker1135.00
      11-23-2017, 02:20 PM   #612
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
lol i get your point but you are asking for help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Ha I had a spot trying to pause 315 bench. I literally fought the guy at the bottom I was pulling down he was trying to get it off. Get yer hands off
haha - guy was probably excited about spotting you! He was in a hurry to go online and post about how he spotted some guy lifting 3 plates.

I know I am asking for help, but they could at least listen to what I ask of them.

If I spot someone, I always ask:

Lift off?
Want me to make you work for it?
How many are you going for?
How many do you want to get minimum?

Try to gauge what I need to do to help them.

Then again, I am atypical. I actually reach out and say, "hey you want a spot?" when I see people staring off in the distance trying to find someone who doesn't have headphones.

My favorite are when they turn me down and then do 2 easy reps but are iffy if they could do the third so they rack it. Could have just said yes and then had a better work out.
Appreciate 1
kprocivic807.50
      11-23-2017, 03:18 PM   #613
Emjaydc
Private
Rep

Drives: 2007 328i

People that take up my time and talk non-stop.
Appreciate 2
shay2nak1070.00
P111541.50
      11-23-2017, 04:23 PM   #614
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

I was doing some cardio and saw this old man lifting some silver 8lb weights on a bench. Then, he disappears.

A few minutes later, a guy walks up and asks the guy on the adjacent bench, "is anyone here?"
Guy responds, "I haven't seen anyone for a while."
Original guy looks confused as the weights and towel are still on the bench. He gets out his phone to start his timer and says, "I will give him two minutes and then I will use the bench." Two minutes pass and he returns the weights and puts the towel on a railing.

A few sets in, the old man comes back and starts talking about how it's his bench, blah blah blah.

The other guy responds, "you were gone for more than 10 minutes."

Old man continues to be a jerk after literally having been gone for over 10 minutes. His claim was that he was in the bathroom.

How can someone be so freaking selfish to take over a bench during the busiest workout time of the day.

I can't stand entitled people who think people owe them stuff.
Appreciate 3
      11-25-2017, 03:10 PM   #615
Rayscott
Major
Rep

Drives: BMW 228ix

Chicks with tight and low cut spandex LOL.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2017, 04:31 PM   #616
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayscott View Post
Chicks with tight and low cut spandex LOL.
Get out.