New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Sim Racing

10-23-2017, 02:39 PM   #45
LiquidMercury
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2012 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliverman View Post
Damn man! Thanks for typing all that out.
I think it's been patched.
No worries, lol. It was patched out, but I have my console set to let me know first when there's a patch waiting to be d/l'ed and installed first so when I got the message there was a new patch, I simply declined the patch download and played offline until I exploited the credit/xp that I needed then updated.

I now at least have that 700 car achievement off the table as that's a grindy one done legit.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 06:46 AM   #46
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

It's not that particularly hard to collect cars... I can already buy cars from Class 5 and I've only played maybe a total of a few days. Already made it to the domination championship... you don't need to play every race to get to the next championship.

I have next to every BMW and Benz currently available, a 488, and a 918... The Mac570 was available at the specialty store so I almost snagged it... I still think the M2 is one of the best cars in the game (especially for its class).

My only complaint with this game continues to be the AI which is far too aggressive and turns the game into a crash derby.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 06:49 AM   #47
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theriz View Post
Every time I level up i always take the car. This way each level I own more cars so I can purchase any vehicle. Half way?? Sheesh I think im on the third level on single player.
Usually the level up cars are somewhat shitty and don't come with much XP rating... grab the extra 50k credits and buy a better car. All you really have to do is get to the point when you can buy Level 5 cars, then I think it's all readily available.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 10:52 AM   #48
cliverman
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2022 X3M

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
It's not that particularly hard to collect cars... I can already buy cars from Class 5 and I've only played maybe a total of a few days. Already made it to the domination championship... you don't need to play every race to get to the next championship.

I have next to every BMW and Benz currently available, a 488, and a 918... The Mac570 was available at the specialty store so I almost snagged it... I still think the M2 is one of the best cars in the game (especially for its class).

My only complaint with this game continues to be the AI which is far too aggressive and turns the game into a crash derby.
Crash derby is completely true. With three laps to complete, the game places you in 11th place on the grid - in all races. You have to "fight" your way through slower cars and sometimes the 1/2/3 cars on the grid are gone.
Project Cars2 you can qualify and avoid this mess. Having played both, now GT as well, I enjoy all of them for different reasons. Forza is more fun, Project Cars2 is more realistic, and GT is graphically impressive.
2015 F82 ///M4 (Ret.)
2011 E92 ///M3 (Ret.)
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 11:37 AM   #49
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Drives: Walks

Quote:

I prefer the E92 over the M2 for the class they start in personally.

I have the AI on the second from the hardest level and they don't ever seem to hit me? I can normally pass most of them cleanly in the first lap and then go for times the rest of them.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 01:09 PM   #50
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Quote:

I prefer the E92 over the M2 for the class they start in personally.

I have the AI on the second from the hardest level and they don't ever seem to hit me? I can normally pass most of them cleanly in the first lap and then go for times the rest of them.
I dont own an E92 so I dont know but I will probably buy one given I almost have every BMW lol... yeah the AI is nuts in this game.
      05-29-2023, 07:00 PM   #51
Glit1982
Registered
Rep

Drives: BMW 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
IGN rated project cars 2 a 9.2. I bought a discounted version for $40(steam) and I'm not impressed. IGN rated forza similarly and some reviews state it plays like a free-to-play game. I'll wait until the price drops. I have to admit though I loved the previous forza horizon

I heard they took out Toyota in forza also.

In addition to racing, I like shooters, namely cs go. I play it and also check out the platform https://skin.club/en/skins where I find the best weapon skins.
Good day. I played Forza a couple of times, but in the end I’ll say that I like Need For Speed many times more, both in mechanics and in cars.
Appreciate 0