New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

07-15-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
dkracing
Banned
Rep

Drives: M3

USA to Nurburgring, what does it cost?

USA to Nurburgring, what does it cost?

Estimates plane ride + driving on the ring + some hatchback rental.

Has anyone on the forum done it from the USA?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2017, 07:38 PM   #2
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2006 S2000

Cheap. Round trips these days are $450-500 bucks. Rentals are as low as $20-25 bucks per day. Driving..... depends where from...just gas and Nurburgring fees

My buddy vacationing there for like 3 month now....lucky bastard
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00
      07-15-2017, 07:59 PM   #3
dkracing
Banned
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Cheap. Round trips these days are $450-500 bucks. Rentals are as low as $20-25 bucks per day. Driving..... depends where from...just gas and Nurburgring fees

My buddy vacationing there for like 3 month now....lucky bastard
Know any programs that make it all paid for and just write one check?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2017, 08:41 PM   #4
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Rentals are as low as $20-25 bucks per day.
Driving an average rental on the nordschleife wouldnt be a good idea...
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2017, 08:52 PM   #5
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep

Drives: M2 Comp

Most , if not all rental companies have an exclusion clause for this.
They also have onboard GPS to detect.

I'm renting a track prepped car from RSR for Nordschliefe and Spa.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2017, 09:51 PM   #6
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkracing View Post
Know any programs that make it all paid for and just write one check?
You can pay me

I don't know anything about driving a rental on the ring ......I was just talking about getting there
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2017, 10:14 PM   #7
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Dackelone is affiliated with rent4ring i believe. there is a sticky on this forum by him that was very informative on visiting the ring.
here it is;
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1008529

Last edited by roastbeef; 07-15-2017 at 10:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2017, 11:01 PM   #8
Scout10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2017 BMW X3 X28i

do some searches for overseas travel companies. They can put it together
possibly same time as a tour group to save $$
hell I'd drive a VW turbo bug just for the opportunity !
1965 Chevrolet Corvette 327 / 4spd Convt
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 01:02 PM   #9
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
Dackelone is affiliated with rent4ring i believe. there is a sticky on this forum by him that was very informative on visiting the ring.
here it is;
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1008529
No, NO I am not!! I don't know why this has come up before. I have no connection to them! Or anyone else for that matter.

I think IF I were gonna rent a car for the track(definitely the way to go bc doing it in your own car is way too risky) I would look into APEX. They currently have a M2 and a 218i thats putting out 200 hp and has some small mods done to it. They also have the cheapest/best deal on Ring rentals... namely their VW Polo - which was crashed recently. But now they have a Polo GTi.

APEX also runs a hotel in Nurburg so its basically all in one. You will just need a regular rental car when you fly into Frankfurt(2 hours away or Munich five and half hours drive - to the Ring) to get to the Ring.

Apex's rental car price list...
http://www.apex-nuerburg.com/wp-cont...-cars_July.pdf

You DON'T want to rent a car from SIXT/Europcar/AVIS or any other place and take it to the 'Ring. The rental car companies have spotters at the track and cameras. IF your caught you will NEVER be able to rental a car in Germany from anyone. Get a Ring rental from a good company. And take out extra insurance - just in case something happens.
Appreciate 1
fbsm743.00
      07-16-2017, 05:25 PM   #10
joots
Private
Rep

Drives: e90 328xi

https://www.everydaydriver.com/adventures
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 10:36 PM   #11
blefevre
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: E36 M3 Track Car, (M2 sold)

I used rent4ring and they were awesome. Sure, you can rent faster cars but driving a fully track prepped Suzuki with Ohlins, cage, and semi slicks was amazing. You can get in trouble really easily at the ring with a fast car, and I hit 120mph (indicated) in the little swift which is plenty fast. Driving at 8/10ths is more fun than parading around in a fast rental.

I was also able to stay at the hotel right on the GP track front straight with a balcony for super cheap. I guess it was off season. They had an amateur motorcycle race going on so I got to watch that from the balcony.

I went back a second time later in the year but didn't drive. The entire area is low cost and visiting is super easy.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10511.00
      07-17-2017, 12:11 AM   #12
-BEASTMW-
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Did it in 2013, well worth it. Did Rent4Ring with a a GT86 and a 1st gen Z4 coupe (255hp N52), both manual. It was awesome!

As for prices, not too hard to price out a flight, car rental, and hotel... The GT86 was like €1k for a day including fuel, 12 lap passes... All inclusive. 12 laps is a decent amount given each lap is like 9min.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 09:05 AM   #13
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
No, NO I am not!! I don't know why this has come up before. I have no connection to them! Or anyone else for that matter.
The reason people say you work for them is because YOU say it in yourpost on m3post.com that is linked above.

Quote from you on m3post.com;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
People who know me, also know I work for Rent4Ring. We do hire out some awesomely fast nurburgring rentals. But for the most part we hire out Suzuki Swifts.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 01:50 PM   #14
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
The reason people say you work for them is because YOU say it in yourpost on m3post.com that is linked above.

Quote from you on m3post.com;
In that post I was quoting Dale Lamas from Bridge to Gantry(BtG website) article...

Rent4Ring is also a good company to rent from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joots View Post
Damn... almost 9K holly F&$%!! I think there are way better options out there.

Btw... BMW holds driving events at the Nurburgring, Spa and Hockenheim Ring. Most of the schools are turn key... you just show up. They includes meals, hotel and the M cars and track instruction. In most cases its under 3K euros. IF you order a new M car with the "drivers package" you can attend one of these schools for free.

https://www.bmw-m.com/en/fastlane/dr...xperience.html

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 03:21 PM   #15
Z K
Major General
Rep

Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

I just did a personal ring trip by myself. I spent a week in Germany with 2 days at the ring. Round trip tickets were $800 from San Francisco. I spent about $40-50 a day on hotels/bnb costs. Rented a 2017 BMW 320D sport package 6MT for $40 a day unlimited mileage.

As for the actual ring experience, I did a dozen ring laps. I did two laps in a rented BMW M2 from one of the "rent for the ring" rental companies. They had prices that were cheaper than the rental costs from Apex. No cool Misha to instruct though - I got a Russian girl as an instructor.

The rest of my laps, I did in my regular rental 320D. I would say you can drive a regular rental car, but to do so with caution. IF anything were to happen, it would be very bad and you may not be covered under insurance and rental policies.

I have heard of rental companies blacklisting people, but that is more common if you rent a high dollar sports car. From what others at the ring have said, my rental diesel is not really on their radar of cars they'd track. If you rent a M/AMG/RS/Porsche, they will have trackers on those cars for sure. Again be cautious and do some research. If you do ask them, the official word is that they will not allow you to drive them at the ring.

Overall, I spent $2k on the whole trip including airfare, rental costs etc. The rest of the time I drove around Germany, visited the car museums, did a factory tour at Porsche and BMW, went sightseeing, drove the epic black forest mountain roads etc.

Oh, and I ran into Schmee of Youtube fame at the ring. Rather interesting guy.

Here's a lap with instructor in the M2 I rented.

Last edited by Z K; 07-18-2017 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 12:18 AM   #16
PalestineM3
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2013 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I just did a personal ring trip by myself. I spent a week in Germany with 2 days at the ring. Round trip tickets were $800 from San Francisco. I spent about $40-50 a day on hotels/bnb costs. Rented a 2017 BMW 320D sport package 6MT for $40 a day unlimited mileage.

As for the actual ring experience, I did a dozen ring laps. I did two laps in a rented BMW M2 from one of the "rent for the ring" rental companies. They had prices that were cheaper than the rental costs from Apex. No cool Misha to instruct though - I got a Russian girl as an instructor.

The rest of my laps, I did in my regular rental 320D. I would say you can drive a regular rental car, but to do so with caution. IF anything were to happen, it would be very bad and you may not be covered under insurance and rental policies.

I have heard of rental companies blacklisting people, but that is more common if you rent a high dollar sports car. From what others at the ring have said, my rental diesel is not really on their radar of cars they'd track. If you rent a M/AMG/RS/Porsche, they will have trackers on those cars for sure. Again be cautious and do some research. If you do ask them, the official word is that they will not allow you to drive them at the ring.

Overall, I spent $2k on the whole trip including airfare, rental costs etc. The rest of the time I drove around Germany, visited the car museums, did a factory tour at Porsche and BMW, went sightseeing, drove the epic black forest mountain roads etc.

Oh, and I ran into Schmee of Youtube fame at the ring. Rather interesting guy.

Here's a lap with instructor in the M2 I rented.

I know this is 2 years late lol but I think it’s so badass u went there alone!! And went to the ring too yolo haha I’m going there soon. I wish I could slap the m3 around there but I’ll have to rent something did you go autobahn? Hahaha
Appreciate 0