New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

07-24-2017, 07:15 AM   #23
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I think buying a CPO car can be a good deal if you make sure you inspect what you are buying but I would rarely pay a premium for a CPO car over a non-CPO used car.
Pretty much same with me. I would generally prefer a CPO over a non-CPO with two cars that are the same but I won't pay a lot more for the CPO as I see it as essentially buying an extended warranty from the manufacturer. I currently have a CPO because it was the only car I could find that matched the specs I wanted at close to the price I wanted to pay. I thought it was an ok deal so I bought it and the CPO did add some amount of value to the total.

Then anything used you buy, whether from a new dealers, used lot, or individual you should look at it the same, buyer beware. Some of all of the above are dishonest and on the flip side some of all of the above are honest but buying something as expensive as a car and expecting complete honesty (or they possibly miss it themselves) is asking for troubl.
      07-24-2017, 08:46 AM   #24
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Bought our 2013 X3 is early 2016 for $42K drive away, CPO, with 33,000 KM.

A brand new X3 to the same spec would have been $66K.

That's a hell of a delta.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 08:49 AM   #25
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Pretty much same with me. I would generally prefer a CPO over a non-CPO with two cars that are the same but I won't pay a lot more for the CPO as I see it as essentially buying an extended warranty from the manufacturer.
I sort of agree but in practice it is hard to find overlap. By that I mean, for example, our X3 they threw new tyres and brakes at it and touched up every little scratch, usually with non-CPO the car is sort of as-is if it's all safe and what not.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 02:58 PM   #26
WanaM
Banned
Rep

Drives: Fast and fun M3

CPO's are a great bargain on most cars, you just have to do your research. I would ask the dealer for the checklist that they use to certify it as a CPO. If done right, you usually can get a heck of a deal compared to new.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 12:32 PM   #27
sid369
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: RAV4

I am trying to find a X5 CPO, but in Msport package and its hard to find. my search has been in the 50-100 mile radius.

I cant seem to find the right color/combo options.
Also, for a 2015-2016 X5, how would I know what the market price of it should be?
Would you buy a Msport or non Msport loaded?
Appreciate 0