New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E39) Forums (1995 - 2003) > General E39 Discussions

07-17-2014, 08:52 AM   #1
5s_edition
Registered
Rep

Drives: E39 530i

Best android navigation system for E39?

Hi Bimmers, my factory dvd head unit broken, do you have any idea is there any aftermarket head unit will fit my car which has factory dvd and amp sound system?
i did some research, and got three options now:
DYNAVIN, AVIN, EONON
AVIN looks very promising the Avin Avant-2 unit but I have not found any reviews on it. Anyone here have this installed?

https://avinusa.com/bmw-5-series-e39...on-system.html
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

Last edited by 5s_edition; 07-17-2014 at 10:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 08:50 AM   #2
530dE39
Poland
Rep

Drives: 530d E39 12-2002

Garage List
2017 BMW x5  [0.00]
I'm also considering the AVIN module. I've bought... (yes... auch...) the Dynavin E39. Newest release with actually AVIN software (the guy makes a dynavin rom as well).

Pain with the Dynavin:

Takes AGES to boot the android. It takes seriously 1min to boot the android up. Then another 1 min to boot any navigation soft like TomTom or equivalent.

It responses very slow to touches. Touch screen is of bad quality if you ask me and with fingers almost impossible. You need a stylus.

You cannot access anything like the "Aux heating, code, on-board computer" menu's anymore, because they don't display. So... you cannot set the time of your car in example which I found very annoying. I figured this out when we got summer-time in Poland and the time which I have always on my cluster (where the dials for speed etc are) is unchangeable now.

The Dynavin crashes often. Very often. I have not been able to drive a single 3-4h drive without at least having to re-enter stuff to the navigation twice.

I have contacted Dynavin in germany (no response), dynavin in poland responded, send me apparently a new SD card with newer firmware. Never arrived, while they send it to the same details as the unit.

Anyhow... What I did like of the dynavin is how dvb-t tv works and the reversing cam.

Now I went through the pain of removing my whole dynavin (incl. the 5m fakra cable) and put my OEM unit back. With all due respect... it's much more old fashioned but works well.

A friend of mine ordered the AVIN for his E39 and we're waiting for delivery. Ones he gets it I'll let you know. Should be coming week.
Appreciate 0