New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E39) Forums (1995 - 2003) > General E39 Discussions

01-23-2018, 07:28 PM   #1
thatoneguy...
Private
Rep

Drives: '09 135i

Could I get an opinion on this issue I'm having? (ABS+ASC)

Hey all, I picked up a '99 528iT recently and am loving it. One issue I'm having has to do with the all-too-common ASC and ABS lights on the christmas tree. However, it's hit or miss as to when it'll be on, and so far, I haven't been able to nail down what trips it for sure; today, though I was driving when the lights were off, and I found myself in a medium-heavy braking situation. Sure enough, both lights popped on and stayed on.

The ABS speed sensors have all been recently replaced, which makes me wonder if it's the module itself. Cruise and odometer are tracking normally though. I did notice that some of the connectors that the ABS sensors attach to are literally falling to pieces. Thoughts as to whether this could be the culprit, and if so where I can get replacements? Thank you for any help!
Appreciate 0