New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E39) Forums (1995 - 2003) > General E39 Discussions

12-21-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
JayArras
Casual Fanatic
Rep

Drives: '07 530xi

F/S Phatbox Music System for BMW with tunes!

I have a Phatbox music system that came out of my E39 5 Series that's not compatible with my E60. The Phatbox unit replaces your CD changer and the included BMW interface makes it recognizable to the head unit as a CD player and permits you select artist, genre or album through your steering wheel controls. You can also create playlists and select that way. It's a better setup than using an iPod because the selections you make are announced through your radio speakers! The cartridge for my unit is 20 GB and will hold upwards to 3000 songs! I understand that this system will also work on an E46.

I purchased this unit new for $750 from PhatNoise. The package I'm selling for $495 (OBO) includes the player, USB cradle that connects to your PC, 20 GB cartridge, interface cable, owner's manual, PhatNoise Music Manager software to manage your MP3 database and to get music onto and off of the player, and about 500+ MP3 files (my musical tastes run the gamut from pop, rock, ambient, jazz, techno, hip-hop, etc. There should be something there for everyone ).

I'll also include a unique bracket I fabricated to install the system in the left trunk compartment straddling the radio amp and instructions on how to connect it to your system. I just used the pre-wired CD changer cable. I have had no technical issues with the system whatsoever.

I upgraded to a newer BMW and this unit is not compatible with it, which is a bummer because I LOVED the flexibility it provides for music selection.
If you own a 1997 - 2003 BMW 5 Series, you will find this unit awesome! Write me if you have any questions.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0