THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning PSA - Avoid BMWPartsWholesale.com

Closed Thread

05-11-2018, 12:13 PM   #1
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

PSA - Avoid BMWPartsWholesale.com

Purchased a set of four titanium tips for my MPE from them yesterday. Listing clearly stated set of four. They processed the sale then claimed they were not priced correctly and refused to honor the sale. Just cancelled it without any discussion.

Anyway just wanted to save others a similar hassle. They are bad news. Stick with Brian at Sun much better customer service and very competitive pricing.
Appreciate 2
pz6193277.00
Dylan861330.00
      05-11-2018, 12:20 PM   #2
msan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 / 2012 X5 35i M Sp

https://www.resellerratings.com/stor...arts_Wholesale
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 12:24 PM   #3
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Yep that seems about right. Bad news.

Thank god for Amex - anything that's questionable always Amex.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 12:25 PM   #4
s14_kev
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Purchased a set of four titanium tips for my MPE from them yesterday. Listing clearly stated set of four. They processed the sale then claimed they were not priced correctly and refused to honor the sale. Just cancelled it without any discussion.

Anyway just wanted to save others a similar hassle. They are bad news. Stick with Brian at Sun much better customer service and very competitive pricing.
Wow that really sucks, sorry to hear about that .

I just bought a pair of hood struts from them because they were the cheapest option for OEM parts. Parts + shipping came in cheaper than parts without shipping from other vendors; they are en route to me currently. I hope things go without a hitch..
      05-11-2018, 12:45 PM   #5
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

This reminds me of the Chewlies gum rep in Clerks.

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 03:14 PM   #6
SharpAndCunning
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i

Quote:
Yep that seems about right. Bad news.

Thank god for Amex - anything that's questionable always Amex.
My bank of America Credit Card is like that. anything questionable, goes on that. They've helped me before.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 07:15 PM   #7
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Total bummer. Good you were able to cancel...it just goes to show the level of integrity they have in their business. If it was my shop, I'd want to keep you as a customer and I would have supplied it as advertised.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 04:23 PM   #8
s14_kev
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin///mlee View Post
Wow that really sucks, sorry to hear about that .

I just bought a pair of hood struts from them because they were the cheapest option for OEM parts. Parts + shipping came in cheaper than parts without shipping from other vendors; they are en route to me currently. I hope things go without a hitch..
Following up on this..

FWIW I received my hood struts from them today in great condition. As I mentioned earlier, I went with BMWPartsWholesale.com because of their low cost (price + shipping was lower than price without shipping from other vendors). The parts appear to be drop shipped from a BMW dealership (Peake BMW).

So I guess YMMV? For me, it was totally worth it. Again, sorry to the OP for your bad experience with them , I just wanted to give my 2 cents.

05-19-2018, 01:28 PM   #9
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

dont see what the problem here is. If it was a pricing error why would they have to honor the sale? This stuff happens all the time on large retailers like Amazon, Newegg, etc. They cancelled the sale and refunded you. What's the problem? Sounds like you just wanted to get the parts for an obviously too low of a price and are upset.
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3566.00
      05-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #10
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
dont see what the problem here is. If it was a pricing error why would they have to honor the sale? This stuff happens all the time on large retailers like Amazon, Newegg, etc. They cancelled the sale and refunded you. What's the problem? Sounds like you just wanted to get the parts for an obviously too low of a price and are upset.
They should not have charged my card in the first place were that the case. Then they should not have been rude about. Finally they should have offered me even a nominal 10% bullshit discount for the hassle and aggravation of wasting my time with all the back and forth.

None of those things happened.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 03:26 PM   #11
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Quote:
They should not have charged my card in the first place were that the case. Then they should not have been rude about. Finally they should have offered me even a nominal 10% bullshit discount for the hassle and aggravation of wasting my time with all the back and forth.

Ordering systems are automated. Payments are usually charged immediately on most retailers. Then usually a person will check and verify the order before packing and shipping.

You didn't state they were "rude" in your OP. You're not entitled to a discount for a future order just because of a pricing error. You got a refund. Move on.
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2018, 05:05 PM   #12
N55darksoul
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 - 135i

Quote:
The problem is their customer service is not professional. Why? Because they wasted a potential repeat customers time because someone at their company posted the incorrect price. They have to take responsibility for that or lose potential repeat buyers and get bad advertising like this thread that can expand into multiple lost repeat customers not buying from them.

This is what buyers expect: I buy something, I pay for it ...I wait and then I get what I ordered undamaged. NO ONE wants to pay for something, wait, then get their order cancelled then have to go find it somewhere else, order again and wait some more....

The money they lost in pushing him away and many others is more then what they saved on the stupid part...
They should have given him a discount or honored the price - that is customer service 101 and good business and they did not execute this correctly.

Last edited by N55darksoul; 05-19-2018 at 05:11 PM..
Appreciate 1
oolas3388.00
      06-01-2018, 03:24 PM   #13
IncredibleNewt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:

I've purchased through them many, many times with no issues. Just my experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2018, 05:54 AM   #14
menelaos
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 F15

Had one purchase w/them, no issues. Even after I revised, i.e. removed, a couple of items from the original order. Fast shipping too.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 09:44 AM   #15
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ordering systems are automated. Payments are usually charged immediately on most retailers. Then usually a person will check and verify the order before packing and shipping.

You didn't state they were "rude" in your OP. You're not entitled to a discount for a future order just because of a pricing error. You got a refund. Move on.
Agreed. OP sounds like another "holier than thou/ you can't survive without me" customer.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread