New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E39) Forums (1995 - 2003) > General E39 Discussions

10-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
xi330
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 2006 330xi w/ 6mt, sport, nav

e39 M5 inquiry

I have been searching and cannot seem to locate a recent thread on e39 M5 ownership. I had an e90 330xi which was taken from me by local authorities...after the cop backed over my car in true Boss Hog fashion...he did not see me. His fault but my insurance...'Murica. In a pinch I bought a Grand Cherokee, great vehicle, but despised it since the day I drove it off the lot, new car smell and all.

I am looking at an e39 M5 for a daily driver - my DD is about 350 miles a week on roads that people flock to drive on the weekends - perfect for a sport sedan. It must kid and be fairly reliable. The cost to maintain is not an issue as I am primarily concerned with DD reliability and big ticket maintenance items.

If anyone can direct me to a thread or link that would be appreciated.
If anyone DD's an e39 M5 and would be willing to share their experiences, what to look for during purchase, expensive services, it would be appreciated as well.

Thank you,
Appreciate 0