New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-12-2017, 05:13 PM   #89
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Strange. I believe there are 5 bmw dealerships in the d/fw metroplex. Are you thinking about the heartland maybe?
Yes, that is what I meant.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 05:36 PM   #90
C1Boston
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: Uber

What does your resume look like? Your car dealer experience can allow you to work sales jobs for companies outside of the automotive industry. I would suggest NYC/Boston but I guess I am really biased . NYC is a lot more congested than Boston but its still easy to get around without a car, easy to adapt to, not difficult to find a job if you have some sort of education in something and you'll probably meet plenty of Swedish people here as well (not that it matters, just saying).

I personally am a city guy...I cannot live outside the city its just not for me. I'm around the same age as you. Find a job, make some friends who enjoying going out, meet some girls, buy condoms, dont fuck hookers and have fun!

Edit: NYC now offers free public colleges. Not sure how it works but eventually its something you might want to consider....i.e. no student loans!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 05:44 PM   #91
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1Boston View Post
What does your resume look like? Your car dealer experience can allow you to work sales jobs for companies outside of the automotive industry. I would suggest NYC/Boston but I guess I am really biased . NYC is a lot more congested than Boston but its still easy to get around without a car, easy to adapt to, not difficult to find a job if you have some sort of education in something and you'll probably meet plenty of Swedish people here as well (not that it matters, just saying).

I personally am a city guy...I cannot live outside the city its just not for me. I'm around the same age as you. Find a job, make some friends who enjoying going out, meet some girls, buy condoms, dont fuck hookers and have fun!

Edit: NYC now offers free public colleges. Not sure how it works but eventually its something you might want to consider....i.e. no student loans!
Not free.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 05:45 PM   #92
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by C1Boston View Post

https://www.thrillist.com/lifestyle/...on-stereotypes
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 05:52 PM   #93
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Nice
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 06:30 PM   #94
C1Boston
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: Uber

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Haha. The cab reference is absolutely true. Those guys are miserable...I had an experience with a driver one time and I've never taken a cab since. I rather walk if Uber for whatever reason is not feasible.

Cab drops me off, I accidentally press no tip on the screen so I'm like shit I should probably tip the guy. As I am getting cash out of my wallet (I paid with card) this guy starts screaming @ me saying I wasted his time because my ride was short and I did not tip...I was like what? Go fuck yourself. Other times I've taken a cab ride before that ^ have also been rather unpleasant.

In terms of the Townie header, Southie and Quincy have changed dramatically. Your average Bostonian can no longer afford to live there, Southie, for the most part is occupied by college kids and Quincy is being occupied by professionals who work in Boston but dont want to be pay Boston rent(not that Quincy is significantly cheaper, but its still cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 07:21 PM   #95
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: CBR1000RR

When I move from Europe 20 years ago I decide to move to midwest Iowa boy was that mistake.
If I can start over again I would move to Texas
      05-12-2017, 08:01 PM   #96
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Iowa? Ewhhhh
Appreciate 1
M_Six16554.50
      05-12-2017, 11:22 PM   #97
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Iowa? Ewhhhh
This. WTF were you thinking?

Wait, let me guess....you just finished watching Field of Dreams, right?

John Kinsella: Is this heaven?

Ray Kinsella: It's Iowa.

John Kinsella: Iowa? I could have sworn this was heaven.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2017, 06:59 AM   #98
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Only reason to live in Iowa is because you were born there and you inherited the family farm, and even then because you don't know any better.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2017, 09:32 PM   #99
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Only reason to live in Iowa is because you were born there and you inherited the family farm, and even then because you don't know any better.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 09:08 AM   #100
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Jeffe 5 View Post
When I move from Europe 20 years ago I decide to move to midwest Iowa boy was that mistake.
Where in Europe did you move from? I moved from Europe 20 years ago also...
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 10:09 AM   #101
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Where in Europe did you move from? I moved from Europe 20 years ago also...
Scandinavian.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 10:26 AM   #102
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: ///M235i

I would say California but should also warn that the cost of living here is very high, at least for the major cities like San Jose and San Francisco. Can't speak for SoCal as I don't live there. The traffic can also get bad. As more and more homes are built and more people flock here, it's going to get worse.

With that said, California has really good weather and pretty much everything you could ever ask for. College towns with pretty ladies? Check. Beautiful coastlines? Check. Beaches? Check. World famous golf courses? Check. Snowboarding? Check. National Parks or great hiking? Check and check. Great food? Check. Seriously, California has everything (including illegal immigrants lol). All of those is what we call the California tax for living here. You should be familiar with that as Sweden taxes everyone like crazy too, no?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 11:54 AM   #103
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
I would say California but should also warn that the cost of living here is very high, at least for the major cities like San Jose and San Francisco. Can't speak for SoCal as I don't live there. The traffic can also get bad. As more and more homes are built and more people flock here, it's going to get worse.

With that said, California has really good weather and pretty much everything you could ever ask for. College towns with pretty ladies? Check. Beautiful coastlines? Check. Beaches? Check. World famous golf courses? Check. Snowboarding? Check. National Parks or great hiking? Check and check. Great food? Check. Seriously, California has everything (including illegal immigrants lol). All of those is what we call the California tax for living here. You should be familiar with that as Sweden taxes everyone like crazy too, no?

With that said, Florida has really good weather and pretty much everything you could ever ask for. College towns with pretty ladies? Check. Beautiful coastlines? Check. Beaches? Check. World famous golf courses? Check. Scuba, boating, sport fishing, check, check, check. Great food? Check. Seriously, Florida has everything (and not overrun with illegal immigrants lol). Guns, check. Moderate politics instead of ultra left, check. Inexpensive housing, check. Low taxes, check. No state income tax, check. Theme parks, check. Space center, check. You should be pleasantly surprised you keep most of what you make unlike Sweden that taxes everyone like crazy too, no?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 12:12 PM   #104
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Jeffe 5 View Post
If it was such a mistake why are you still here? It's really easy to move to anywhere you want within the US once you are here.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 12:44 PM   #105
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Senilsson, still waiting for a list of priorities you have. Might help you.
Example
Weather
Temp ranges, max, min, typical
Beach, mountains, etc
Political, liberal, moderate, conservative
Taxes big deal or not
Guns yes or no
Housing cost.
Cost of living
Car inspections or do whatever
Shoot off fireworks or none
Stay out at bars after 12 on saturdays
Hot single women or family life
Live in apartment in a city or house in the burbs
Activities you want to do
Steady weather all year or seasons
Etc. Prioritize them, pick what you want, and add what I missed you feel is important to you
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 12:46 PM   #106
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Heres Florida as an example
Weather -warm 10 months
Temp ranges, max, min, typical -95, 30, 85
Beach, mountains, etc More beaches than the rest if the country combined
Political, liberal, moderate, conservative- all 3 depending on where you go
Taxes big deal or not- low taxes
Guns yes or no- hell yes
Housing cost.-one of the lowest in the country but varies. Beach front is pricey
Cost of living -low
Car inspections or do whatever- no inspections
Shoot off fireworks or none- big fireworks readily available
Stay out at bars after 12 on saturdays- bars close at 2am or later
Hot single women or family life-either or both depending on location
Live in apartment in a city or house in the burbs-either
Activities you want to do-anything water, theme parks, parks, cycling, etc
Steady weather all year or seasons-fairly stable

Didn't prioritize but those are the answers.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 01:53 PM   #107
Senilsson
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: Soon BMW

Sorry! I've been so busy this past week so haven't gotten the chance to write anything of value. I will get back to you with something to work with.

Keep em coming though. I appreciate every input!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 02:01 PM   #108
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

No problem
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 05:05 PM   #109
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post

California will be dirt cheap compared to Sweden...
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 07:14 PM   #110
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
If it was such a mistake why are you still here? It's really easy to move to anywhere you want within the US once you are here.
It was never my intention to stay longer than a year, life happens.
Thing I hate the most is cold, winter depression...