New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

04-24-2018, 10:17 PM   #23
nomade30
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 18 M2, 91 325, 05 DMAX

Came from a B8.5 S4 with all the mods, including the ones you can’t get. The S4 was fast in a straight line, and the sport diffs make it turn better than it should. But it’s still no drivers car, it’s more a highway cruiser with no room in the back seat. The s5 just has longer doors, and they stop people from expecting to get in the back seat and be comfortable. I would consider a new b9 rs5, but definitely would not recommend it as a drivers car but more of a road trip or highway commuter.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 05:48 PM   #24
Hagasan41
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 E92 ///M3, 1999 E36 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyblue View Post
I've loved the Audi A5/S5 since it came out in 2008 but passed cuz I didn't want or need all wheel drive living in Phoenix. Another reason at the time was I was dead set on an NA 6 and wanted to stay away from forced induction. Has anyone here gone specifically to the Audi A5/S5 and have been happy with your choice? Why or why not?

There's the occasional thread here from people that's gone to other brands like Subaru or Mercedes and eventually come back to E9X's citing ride performance/balance or build quality, etc etc.
I currently have a ‘15 A4 that’s basically the 4 door version of the A5 as a daily. Looks great and drives well, but it’s no M. The RS is the only Audi in the segment that I’d consider moving too. Fun to drive and the 4.2 V8 made glorious sounds but the car was heavy.
Appreciate 0