New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Closed Thread

04-09-2018, 03:46 PM   #507
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Around here there aren't any "old men" buying, financing or leasing GT-R.

Alfa Romeo 4c has a leather dash. It's a sport car under $60k.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 04:04 PM   #508
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Around here there aren't any "old men" buying, financing or leasing GT-R.

Alfa Romeo 4c has a leather dash. It's a sport car under $60k.
Only as an option. And it's not under $60k with that option.

So one outlier mid engined car with exposed carbon fiber and glue all over the inside, made as a boutique project by Fiat that sells in the triple digits annually. I don't see Toyota really targeting the 4C as they bring the Supra to market.

The Corvette has a vinyl stitched (almost no one uses leather) dash as an option. But let's see if the Supra is even mildly competitive with the C7 before nitpicking interior materials.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 04:57 PM   #509
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

you can be under $60k with the leather interior trim package but you have a very strong opinion on this matter so i will bow out of the conversation since it isn't really going anywhere. i have no intention of buying the new supra but it was an iconic car of my generation and something we all appreciated curiosity brought me to the thread nothing more nothing less.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4462.00
      04-09-2018, 05:08 PM   #510
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
you can be under $60k with the leather interior trim package but you have a very strong opinion on this matter so i will bow out of the conversation since it isn't really going anywhere. i have no intention of buying the new supra but it was an iconic car of my generation and something we all appreciated curiosity brought me to the thread nothing more nothing less.
Bah, I went a little overboard and don't really care about the new Supra and always preferred the RX7 to the Mk4 anyway.

But it just seemed like an arbitrary thing to nit pick. Like saying the Viper had six lug wheels, so why doesn't this?
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7257.50
      04-09-2018, 06:11 PM   #511
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
In other words it is getting the B58. Base Z4 is not getting a S engine.

So...no. No reason to keep that a secret, either they had one in development or not. Sounds like they are hearing the no-manual outrage and they don't want to kill the car before it arrives. If anything the car will launch auto only. With possibility of manual down the road, if demand is there.
M2 manual take rates are 50% in the US. They would be idiots to not offer one.
      04-09-2018, 06:11 PM   #512
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Bah, I went a little overboard and don't really care about the new Supra and always preferred the RX7 to the Mk4 anyway.

But it just seemed like an arbitrary thing to nit pick. Like saying the Viper had six lug wheels, so why doesn't this?
hahaha... true. we should be happy that these cars are still being made despite epa/carb and everyone in-between fighting hard to abolish them. in all seriousness, i hope this takes off for TMC because they need a horse in the race that keeps them relevant with the younger or enthusiastic crowd. right now they sell hammers and screwdrivers. tools to get jobs done, nothing that invokes passion, enthusiasm or interest from people who want more.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4462.00
      04-09-2018, 06:15 PM   #513
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
M2 manual take rates are 50% in the US. They would be idiots to not offer one.
if so MB and Audi are full of idiots but they found a way to sell "automanuals" to "enthusiasts".
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 07:47 PM   #514
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post
I've owned both Toyota and now my BMW.

That interior shot is 100% BMW influence.
I've owned almost nothing but BMWs for the past 20 years and that interior reminds me of nothing from BMW.

It also sure as hell doesn't remind me of the interior of my MKIV Supra, which I think is far superior to whatever the hell the crap in that photo is.

This is getting more disappointing by the day, Toyota is just lost except for boring cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 05:18 PM   #515
Mingwan
Major
Rep

Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

The interior based on the render reminds me of the current

Not sure how I feel about it. Render kind of sucks. I was hoping for a more driver centric design where the center dash is slanted towards the driver.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 09:21 AM   #516
supra93
Colonel
Rep

Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

Have A Look Inside The 2019 Toyota Supra

Quote:
Gone are the old BMW Z4-sourced parts as this prototype has Toyota's own components.

As we are inching closer to the much-awaited world premiere of the reborn Toyota Supra, spy shots are getting more and more revealing with each batch. The latest images showing a near-production prototype tackling the Nürburgring allow us to take a peek inside the cabin of the two-seater coupe with its own bits and pieces. Previous test vehicles caught by our spies had most of the interior components borrowed from the old BMW Z4.

We get the rare opportunity to see the digital driver’s display and the design of the leather-wrapped steering wheel, which isn’t necessarily very exciting to be brutally honest. Behind it are the silver shift paddles for the automatic transmission set to be the sole offering as Toyota recently said the 2019 Supra does not need a manual gearbox and that’s why it probably won’t get one.

The infotainment screen appears to be sitting high on the center console, above the air vents and the physical controls for the climate settings. To some extent, the look of the dashboard resembles the layout seen last year in the Z4 concept, which could be a sign the two cars will share a good chunk of the interior parts as well. This nifty photo comparison below illustrates the similarities, especially when it comes down to the appearance of the center console:

Although the Z4 and Supra will share the platform, both BMW and Toyota have promised the cars will be very different from one another. From what we know so far about the Supra, aside from the aforementioned lack of a manual, it will feature a 50:50 weight distribution and a pure two-seat layout. The long-rumored hybrid powertrain might not make the cut, but a beefier version with Gazoo Racing branding could arrive further down the line as hinted by the racy concept car shown last month in Geneva.

Toyota is expected to unveil the new Supra sometime this fall, following the BMW Z4’s debut in the summer. Both cars will likely share the assembly line at Magna Steyr’s factory in Graz, Austria.

It’s worth mentioning the Supra could very well be one of the most popular cars shot by spy photographers taking into account the first batch of photos dates back to September 7, 2016 and a quick search in the database shows plenty of other sets have emerged since then.
https://www.motor1.com/news/238855/2...nterior-spied/

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 01:50 PM   #517
JibSTir13
Major
Rep

Drives: F80 / FJ Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra93 View Post

That F80 in the background tho.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2018, 11:43 AM   #518
supra93
Colonel
Rep

2019 Toyota Supra spy shots

Quote:
Feast your eyes on the latest prototype for the new Toyota Supra.

This is the car Toyota originally announced in 2011 when it signed a deal with BMW to jointly develop a sports car platform. BMW is using the platform for its next-generation Z4.

Toyota previewed the design at the 2018 Geneva auto show with the GR Supra Racing concept. Out latest spy shots reveal that the new Supra, code-named the A90, will closely resemble the concept, albeit with the aggressive aero dialed down a tad.

The car isn’t expected on the market until early 2019. (It’s possible the debut will take place at the 2019 Detroit auto show next January.) Being so far out from the market arrival, there are few solid details to report on for what’s lurking within the sheet metal. There are a few things we're sure of, though.

We know the new platform features a front-midship layout and a low center of gravity, as evidenced by the very low hood and roof. And inside there will only be space for two.

Power meanwhile will come from a 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged inline-6 as standard. A more powerful version with hybrid technology, possibly badged GRMN, is also expected.

Though it's yet to be confirmed, we've heard that Toyota might not even be the company building the new Supra. It's possible the car will be built alongside its BMW counterpart at independent vehicle manufacturer Magna Steyr's plant located in Graz, Austria. Sharing a production facility makes sense considering the low volumes of pricey sports cars.

Finally, don't be surprised if we eventually see Toyota taking the new Supra racing. Toyota has hinted that the GR Supra Racing concept shown in Geneva was built to GTE specifications, suggesting that participation in either the World Endurance Championship or WeatherTech SportsCar Championship is possible, or perhaps even in both.
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...mage=100649539

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 06:55 PM   #519
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep

Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Someone on the Z board pointed this out...

The shape and proportions are nearly identical. All I did was overlap the two photos where the windshield meets the hood. I poop you not.
Attached Images

Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 11:57 AM   #520
supra93
Colonel
Rep

^Like I told you in the Z4 section, it isn't as simply as overlapping two photos. There are other factors that play a role like angle, camera lens, and distance. All of these factors can distort the perception of an object. If and when Toyota releases blueprints for the Supra concept we can make a better comparison.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 12:00 PM   #521
supra93
Colonel
Rep

More photos from AutoCar UK.

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 09:59 PM   #522
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Someone on the Z board pointed this out...

The shape and proportions are nearly identical. All I did was overlap the two photos where the windshield meets the hood. I poop you not.
Not exactly a bad thing. The e86 M is one of the best cars of the last 20 years.
      04-19-2018, 03:34 AM   #523
supra93
Colonel
Rep

A new rendering made between the concept and spy shots.

How it would look if the fake vent panel was blended into the door.

Last edited by supra93; 04-20-2018 at 07:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 08:26 AM   #524
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

I don't know how I feel about the vents under the headlights and behind the doors.. from the spy shots they don't look functional.
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown (sold)
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 08:37 AM   #525
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
I don't know how I feel about the vents under the headlights and behind the doors.. from the spy shots they don't look functional.
BMW is king of the fake vents. Makes sense the Supra would be littered with them.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 11:37 PM   #526
supra93
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
The "Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept" Comes to Gran Turismo Sport! Be Among the First Drivers to Experience its Awesome Performance!
04/27/2018

Performance-car enthusiasts everywhere rejoiced when Toyota unveiled a new version of the Supra at the Geneva International Motor Show in Switzerland back on March 6, 2018. Officially called the "Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept," this sleek machine was not a production concept, but rather a racing one, meaning its performance surpasses anything we had been anticipating about a possible revived Supra. And now, you can strap yourself in the driver's seat and sample the car for yourself, as it is included with the free Gran Turismo Sport update released on April 27.

Although the car had been discontinued for a few decades, the Toyota Supra remains a Japanese sports-car icon. As past models are now becoming collector cars, the GR Supra Racing Concept revives the legend and provides a glimpse of what may come in the future in terms of the next production-model Supra.

The Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept possesses classic sports-car dimensions, characterized by a long nose and short rear deck that envelops a front-engine/rear-wheel drive layout. It possesses flared front and rear fenders, and a large rear wing, making it look as if it can carve up any racetrack in the world.

The makers of Gran Turismo Sport have faithfully recreated the exciting exterior appearance of the Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept, and also its minimalist interior, which features a racing cockpit complete with rear view monitor. Be among the first people in the world to sample the performance of this resurrected legend in Gran Turismo Sport!
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4133146.html

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2018, 04:40 PM   #527
supra93
Colonel
Rep

Last edited by supra93; 04-29-2018 at 08:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 07:29 PM   #528
supra93
Colonel
Rep

2019 Toyota Supra Sports Two-Tone Wheels In Latest Spy Photos

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/04/20...st-spy-photos/

Quote:
The Toyota Supra is continuing its slow march to production as spy photographers have managed to catch another prototype undergoing testing in Europe.

Set to become one of the sportiest Toyota vehicles ever created, the Supra was previewed by the GR Supra Racing Concept which recently debuted at the Geneva Motor Show. As you can see in the latest photos, the production model will be more conservative than the concept but a number of styling details will be shared between the two models.

Starting up front, we can see the Supra has slim LED headlights which carryover from the concept. They are surrounded by small air intakes that will likely improve brake cooling. The Supra also features a sporty front bumper with an integrated splitter that has angular tips on the outside edges.

Moving further back, we can see a relatively long hood, a rakish windscreen and a double bubble roof. A closer inspection reveals aerodynamic side skirts, two-tone alloy wheels and a compact greenhouse which amplifies the sporty styling.

The rear of the Supra is heavily camouflaged but the muscular rear fenders help to emphasize the Supra’s rear-wheel drive layout. The model also has an integrated rear spoiler, slender LED taillights and a ventilated rear fascia. Other highlights include a Formula One-inspired third brake light which is located in the rear diffuser and is flanked by two large exhaust tips.

We’ve only seen a few glimpses of the interior but photos have shown the model will have a three-spoke sport steering wheel with prominent paddle shifters. The car will also have a digital instrument cluster, metallic accents and digital displays for the climate control system.

The Supra and its cousin, the BMW Z4, will reportedly be built by Magna Steyr. The first Supra models are slated to roll off the assembly line early next year with a BMW-sourced six-cylinder engine. There have been countless rumors about how much power the engine will have as some publications are claiming around 335 hp (250 kW / 340 PS) while others suggest up to 450 hp (335 kW / 456 PS).

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread