New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-24-2018, 08:33 AM   #23
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F80

maybe it where you live. Most of the time by shit comes next day
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 10:56 AM   #24
cxp213
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Steve View Post
Don't try the free shipping option if you don't have Prime if you're in a hurry. They basically sit on the order for 10 days or so. Once shipped it comes in a couple of days. You have to be punished for not paying for Prime.
Yep, I've experienced this as well (non-Prime), where they intentionally sit on an item for no apparent reason at all. Sometimes, it's so that they can ship everything in 1 box, but other times it seems like it's on a whim. When you call about the slow shipping, they'll just give you the run around, too.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 11:49 AM   #25
TeinBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2011 335xi Msport, Conv, Tech

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
You could just call in and complain and they should issue you a credit towards your purchase. I called in once to ask why my shipment wasn't delivered in the time frame that they promised/suggested. They apologized and offered me a credit which was very nice of them!
      04-24-2018, 11:49 AM   #26
Maestro
Major
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

First, Prime today does not mean 2 day shipping anymore.

Prime depend on who is the seller and shipper. If Amazon is the seller, it means it sits in their distribution center somewhere near you thus you get 2 day maybe 1 day or same day, seen all 3 happen depending on when I order something.

If the seller is someone other than Amazon, it now depends on who is shipping Amazon (it is stocked at an Amazon distribution center) then you will get the 2 days shipping, if the seller is doing the shipping all bet are off, I have seen items list as primed and the seller is the shipper and all prime means in this case shipping is included in the cost of the item.

I have seen Prime items which ship from Asia and most take over a week to get to you. I seen non-prime items that ship from Asia with the state the item ships the next day assuming they have it in stock, took 6 weeks to get an item, but no one else had the item on Amazon.

I also seen where Amazon will list the same items multiply ways with different prices some are prime and others are not and they are all sold by Amazon not some other company.

In my location we now have Amazon shipping and this is hit and miss, they are worse than UPS and FedEx. The reason is it worse, it on the website when it gives you status on shipping it always says by 8 PM which most time it is closer to 8 than not. I also had them leave the package on my walk way not at the door and the guy even took a picture of it sitting on the walk way. Amazon then ask how did I like the picture. I said was nice but the driver was too lazy to walk up to the door. The only cool thing about their service, if the driver is in your area, like your neighborhood it show where the truck is and how many deliveries before yours. Only seen this once.

Last edited by Maestro; 04-24-2018 at 11:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 11:57 AM   #27
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Send an email, they typically add a month to your prime membership. I've done this a few times.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 02:32 PM   #28
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxp213 View Post
Yep, I've experienced this as well (non-Prime), where they intentionally sit on an item for no apparent reason at all. Sometimes, it's so that they can ship everything in 1 box, but other times it seems like it's on a whim. When you call about the slow shipping, they'll just give you the run around, too.
I think it's intentional. To get you so sick of waiting on getting your stuff that you break down and buy into the Prime service.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 01:12 AM   #29
Vulpe
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: F87 M2C

Garage List
Try living in Hawaii. For years they would only ship with USPS or something called Parcel Pool that would take up to 8 days to deliver. On rare occasions, usually only if the item is too big they would ship it UPS/FedEx.

In the last several months they don't ship for ~4 days then they ship it 2 day. ONCE they shipped the next day with 2 day shipping which was insane to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 10:18 AM   #30
cxp213
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I think it's intentional. To get you so sick of waiting on getting your stuff that you break down and buy into the Prime service.
Honestly, you can get Prime for free indefinitely as of right now, if you really wanted. You just need to make a new email address to create a new Amazon account with, then add the 30 day free trial of Prime -- rinse and repeat.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 10:14 PM   #31
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up

I've been a PRIME member since day one.
I can say without question... The membership fee is well worth it! So many perks beyond free 2 day shipping! Speaking of, sometimes I get my stuff in one day that was supposed to be two days. I get my stuff even on Sundays! They now use their own delivery drivers in my area. And I can't tell you how many times I was going to return an incorrect or unwanted item, that they say keep it and refund me.
I do 80% of all my retail shopping from Amazon. Only exception is groceries.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410882.00
      04-26-2018, 09:47 AM   #32
cxp213
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I've been a PRIME member since day one.
I can say without question... The membership fee is well worth it! So many perks beyond free 2 day shipping! Speaking of, sometimes I get my stuff in one day that was supposed to be two days. I get my stuff even on Sundays! They now use their own delivery drivers in my area. And I can't tell you how many times I was going to return an incorrect or unwanted item, that they say keep it and refund me.
I do 80% of all my retail shopping from Amazon. Only exception is groceries.
It helps that we live close to the distribution center as well. I don't think I've seen their own drivers, but USPS delivers my items for them even on Sundays.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 09:56 AM   #33
uniqueMR
Colonel
Rep

Drives: ...

Amazon Prime still worth it. I buy many things and get it delivered in 2-3 days. Without free shipping, I could have paid so much in shipping alone.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 10:38 AM   #34
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxp213 View Post
It helps that we live close to the distribution center as well. I don't think I've seen their own drivers, but USPS delivers my items for them even on Sundays.
They are not in marked cars. But the drivers personal cars. I predict AMAZON vehicles will be here soon...
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 10:46 AM   #35
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Forgot to add.... Amazon drivers have sent me several photos of my deliveries. That's something they are rolling out too. Great idea!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 02:52 PM   #36
86merc
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2009 335xi sedan

I have had issues for about 6-8 months as well. It seems that many times it takes 1-2 days to ship my Prime item. Then I get it in two day. Amazon's website states this as well. (see below) So just because the item shows Prime, it does not mean it is in a local distribution center and can ship the day it is ordered. They probably ship from one center to another daily. As well as have inbound from suppliers.

I will admit I got accustomed to the same day shipping and having that day count as a ship day. It was like that for years. I have not had anything take 5 days of more to make it to me. I still get a lot of items in 2 days. Some time same day. So it isn't bad.

Quote:
FREE Two-Day Shipping through Amazon Prime If the item you're ordering is out of stock or unavailable to ship immediately, you may not receive the item in two business days. Selecting One-Day or Two-Day shipping will reduce the transit time to one or two business days after we've shipped your order, but it won't impact how long it takes us to obtain the item or prepare it for shipment. The shipping method time starts when the item ships. For example, it will take up to two business days after an item ships to reach you with Two-Day Shipping.

Now I can say that Amazon is/was looking at a large company to buy that handles transpertation. Why pay so much money to someone else to deliver your stuff when you can be the one handling all transpirtation from the get go? It will be interesting to see if they are able to purchase a company with the infrastructure already set up for their needs.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 03:30 PM   #37
86merc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Forgot to add.... Amazon drivers have sent me several photos of my deliveries. That's something they are rolling out too. Great idea!
To add to this...if you do not want the drivers taking pictures of your house, property, work, or where ever you get your things delivered, there is an option to not have them take pictures. I remember seeing that in the settings a while ago.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 04:24 PM   #38
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86merc View Post
Quote:
To add to this...if you do not want the drivers taking pictures of your house, property, work, or where ever you get your things delivered, there is an option to not have them take pictures. I remember seeing that in the settings a while ago.
Not sure why I'd want to have photos taken. I prefer to pick up at Amazon locker in Whole Foods if possible.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 06:00 PM   #39
86merc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Not sure why I'd want to have photos taken. I prefer to pick up at Amazon locker in Whole Foods if possible.
It is so the person who does the delivery can confirm it was the correct location. I have seen examples where pictures showed the box behind a plant, chair, or something to hide it from the view of people on the sidewalk or street. Where even the person who is receiving the package might not see it.

I like the idea. I ship to my work so I don't care if they take pics of our building. Some people might not like the pics. So at least you have an option to not have pictures taken.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 07:08 PM   #40
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4

Amazon raising price of Prime by 20%:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...119/556028002/
      04-26-2018, 10:33 PM   #41
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86merc View Post
It is so the person who does the delivery can confirm it was the correct location. I have seen examples where pictures showed the box behind a plant, chair, or something to hide it from the view of people on the sidewalk or street. Where even the person who is receiving the package might not see it.

I like the idea. I ship to my work so I don't care if they take pics of our building. Some people might not like the pics. So at least you have an option to not have pictures taken.
The 3 pics tthey took of mine were close up of the bottom of my door and mat. Nothing intrusive.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 10:05 AM   #42
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Amazon raising price of Prime by 20%:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...119/556028002/
Great. I knew they raised it for monthly subscribers I guess it was a matter of time. I do enough ordering that it may still be worth it, plus 5% with the Amazon CC.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 10:35 AM   #43
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

again... shit company that grew out of people's laziness... akin to Walmart...

shipping is getting worse and they raise prime rates after a record quarter... they are greedy assholes and that is about it
      04-27-2018, 10:37 AM   #44
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Suckers. I figured out how to get Prime free.
Appreciate 0