Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

02-17-2017, 01:54 PM   #11133
ASAP
Bavarian Motor Works
No_Country
Rep

Drives: BMW

you can't tell me that Trump didn't give the most epic news conference ever yesterday...

not sure I agree with it, but the fact that he disrespects the media is imho completely well deserved... they slaughtered him for almost 2 years... and he is just banging right back... don't feel sorry for them one bit
Appreciate 4
      02-17-2017, 02:11 PM   #11134
MrRoboto
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
you can't tell me that Trump didn't give the most epic news conference ever yesterday...

not sure I agree with it, but the fact that he disrespects the media is imho completely well deserved... they slaughtered him for almost 2 years... and he is just banging right back... don't feel sorry for them one bit
The 'slaughtering' they gave/give him is well deserved. That guy needs to stick to hotels and golf courses. He has no business being in the WhiteHouse.
Appreciate 1
Lups7717

02-17-2017, 02:12 PM   #11135
MKSixer
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [0.00]
2015 BMW i8  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR View Post
Recently Trump had made the statement in a press conference that the media was failing to mention Islamic Terror Attacks, they laughed at him, could Trump of been relying on a factual site like this that is actually keeping a worldwide list on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis? In 30 days this list is so long it's a few pages, look at the last year it will take you all day to read, spot check a couple random listings and see for yourself they are real. THIS is coming to a city near you! You can bet on that.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/at...aspx?Yr=Last30
You're dead wrong. These are all misunderstandings and misinterpretations of their actions. :roll eyes: :roll eyes:

We need to seek a better way to understand their pain and what we did to drive them to commit acts they clearly didn't mean to engage in. Where have we gone wrong?!?!!! :roll eyes:
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 02:13 PM   #11136
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trvplvrdBOI View Post
I agree with you on that. Their focus should definitely shift elsewhere. But it's becoming a Trump vs. media circle jerk since he is making himself a relatively easy target because of his conduct. I understand that it is impossible to ignore them, particularly when it is his duty to occasionally address them.

I, too, would like them to report the "news". I also agree that we have not had a figure in power such as him before, it's quite unconventional. Is it effective, though? That is debatable, and remains to be seen.
See, this is an objective, moderate post. I can get behind it. If the Republicans on this site could just be a little more like this and not so "Trump is great, you guys lost, get fucked" these conversations would be so much more productive. You can have reservations about someone you voted for, it's OK guys. You voted for him because you thought he was better than HRC, but you didn't think he was god did you? Because that's how you're acting.
They aren't republicans. I have a buddy who's a big Bernie Sanders fan that went hardcore trump. hopefully science will find a cause for that condition someday
Appreciate 2
Lups7717

02-17-2017, 02:15 PM   #11137
fravel
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmondF10 View Post
Are you an idiot?

It's a rhetorical question because you post like a moron.

Saying NOT business, NOT something else means it is a weakness.
Let's rewind and look at what you said:

Quote:
Obama's strength was NOT business, NOT backslapping, NOT recognizing the reality that he had to include Republicans and give them reasonable input.
The subject of your first sentence is 'strength' - saying that something is not a strength =/= claiming that thing is a weakness. It just means that it's not a strength. Furthermore, you seem to flip flop on your use of the word "not" through the sentence.

'Obama's strength was not business': Ok, he wasn't strong on business. Again, that doesn't mean you are claiming he was weak on business.

'Obama's strength was not backslapping': Huh? Is backslapping a good or bad thing? The original post seems to imply that 'not backslapping' is a good thing, your 2nd response seems to imply that it's a bad thing.

'Obama's strength was not recognizing the reality that he had to include Republicans and give them reasonable input.': Again, what? This seems to imply that excluding Republicans was a good thing, then your 2nd response seems to imply that it's a bad thing.

Before you accuse someone of poor reading comprehension, perhaps you should make sure you're able to convey thoughts clearly.

Last edited by fravel; 02-17-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 02:18 PM   #11138
trvplvrdBOI
Many men...wish death.
No_Country
Rep

Drives: at 14mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRG_135 View Post
They aren't republicans. I have a buddy who's a big Bernie Sanders fan that went hardcore trump. hopefully science will find a cause for that condition someday
LMAO.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 04:18 PM   #11139
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 & E92 with 487 ftlbs of tq

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]

The DNC fucking Bernie woke a lot of people up. They created this never forget that trump being president is in direct relation to the corruption of the democrats, their party, and especially the DNC.

Trump is like batman, he's the hero America deserves right now.
E92 Bren / E70 JBD / E70 JBD / E90 PTF retired
Got Boost?
Appreciate 1
anglo6096

02-17-2017, 05:19 PM   #11140
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
But not the one it needs....nice.
Appreciate 2
Lups7717

02-17-2017, 05:29 PM   #11141
Lups
Rep

Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post

The DNC fucking Bernie woke a lot of people up. They created this never forget that trump being president is in direct relation to the corruption of the democrats, their party, and especially the DNC.

America needs a hero. It truly does. The hero needs to say loud and clear the kids gets a chance. Education for all those smart enough, it needs a hero of the real people can rely on.

Besides anglo, I dare you to find someone here I wouldn't pick over Trump as your president. I even would do the job if I had to, just so we could have less this:

And a little less this:

And more this:
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 05:33 PM   #11142
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

I can really get on board with the new "Tiny Trump" meme.

Appreciate 2
Lups7717

02-17-2017, 05:52 PM   #11143
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 15 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis
I can really get on board with the new "Tiny Trump" meme.

Doesn't matter what size he is, he'll still do big things. LOL it's not size it's how ya use it.

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 1
anglo6096

02-17-2017, 05:53 PM   #11144
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel
Quote:
Are you an idiot?

It's a rhetorical question because you post like a moron.

Saying NOT business, NOT something else means it is a weakness.
Let's rewind and look at what you said:

Quote:
Obama's strength was NOT business, NOT backslapping, NOT recognizing the reality that he had to include Republicans and give them reasonable input.
The subject of your first sentence is 'strength' - saying that something is not a strength =/= claiming that thing is a weakness. It just means that it's not a strength. Furthermore, you seem to flip flop on your use of the word "not" through the sentence.

'Obama's strength was not business': Ok, he wasn't strong on business. Again, that doesn't mean you are claiming he was weak on business.

'Obama's strength was not backslapping': Huh? Is backslapping a good or bad thing? The original post seems to imply that 'not backslapping' is a good thing, your 2nd response seems to imply that it's a bad thing.

'Obama's strength was not recognizing the reality that he had to include Republicans and give them reasonable input.': Again, what? This seems to imply that excluding Republicans was a good thing, then your 2nd response seems to imply that it's a bad thing.

Before you accuse someone of poor reading comprehension, perhaps you should make sure you're able to convey thoughts clearly.
Yikes, match, set, point!

Appreciate 1
      02-17-2017, 06:10 PM   #11145
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Doesn't matter what size he is, he'll still do big things. LOL it's not size it's how ya use it.
Keystone, but that'll benefit Canada.

Give me one example of him doing good for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 06:19 PM   #11146
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups
Quote:
Keystone, but that'll benefit Canada.

Give me one example of him doing good for you.
More than anything I have peace of mind that this Country will be a safer place, present and future. Hard to put a price tag on that. I have quite a few Christian friends, they have peace of mind too, with or without Trump.

I'm not worried at all, that feeling right or wrong feels real good. And as you can see from many of my posts, I loooove to be a winner.

Appreciate 1
      02-17-2017, 06:21 PM   #11147
Doc Oc
Captain fatbelly
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

Quote:
I agree he will do big things. Does big = good? Jury is still out.
      02-17-2017, 06:22 PM   #11148
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc
Quote:
I agree he will do big things. Does big = good? Jury is still out.
About as much as size = big.

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 06:24 PM   #11149
Doc Oc
Captain fatbelly
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

Quote:
More than anything I have peace of mind that this Country will be a safer place, present and future. Hard to put a price tag on that. I have quite a few Christian friends, they have peace of mind too, with or without Trump.

I'm not worried at all, that feeling right or wrong feels real good. And as you can see from many of my posts, I loooove to be a winner.
Considering we don't even know who is in charge of national security right now it's obvious that your feeling of safety is derived only from knowing that your party is in charge. It's called the placebo effect. An argument could be made the other way in that more people are angry at us then ever before (due to the ban and Trump's big plans) and therefore we are less safe.
      02-17-2017, 06:25 PM   #11150
iamwingman
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: m4

I'm happy he won't be setting the justice department loose on every policeman and police department that is trying to do their job. I'm happy he won't be trying to pit Americans against each other on a daily basis. I'm happy for Gorsuch. I'm happy he won't chew gum at memorial services.
Appreciate 5
      02-17-2017, 06:29 PM   #11151
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc
Quote:

Considering we don't even know who is in charge of national security right now it's obvious that your sense of safety comes only from knowing that your party is in charge. It's called the placebo effect. An argument could be made the other way in that more people are angry at us then ever before (due to the ban and Trump's big plans) and therefore we are less safe.
Call it what you want, but I know one thing it's far easier to live each day not worrying about the sky is falling and were all gonna die. Can we at least agree on that?

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 06:31 PM   #11152
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I need to throw some of you a bone once in a while here ya go
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      02-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #11153
Lups
Rep

Quote:

How? How is not making you a target?

How is he making your country safer? How will the isolationism work for you?

I'm an atheist, as told here but I study religions as a hobby. I've said it multiple times here, but ours (I was raised Christian) has worse shit in it than koran has.

You will be safe, you will also be alone. That's not good for economy.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #11154
DonaldPump
Major
Rep

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Quote:
Call it what you want, but I know one thing it's far easier to live each day not worrying about the sky is falling and were all gonna die. Can we at least agree on that?
You're simply asking too much. Hysteria is too much fun.

For example: http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...incorrect.html