New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E39) Forums (1995 - 2003) > General E39 Discussions

08-14-2017, 08:43 PM   #1
wdeitr
Registered
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 540i M Sport Dinan 5 S2

Showing off BMW E39 540i MSport Dinan

Hi All-- Nice to meet you. I am selling (very reluctantly) my long term 1999 BMW 540i M Sport Dinan S2 for $13,999. I have owned the car since 1999 and love it. It has 95,000 miles and is in excellent restored and upgraded condition. All regular minor maintenance has been performed in addition to major maintenance including head gasket replacement, belts, timing chains, and chain guide replacement, cooling system replacement including radiator, water pump, hoses, thermostat, etc., major suspension parts including control arms, thrust arms, ball joints and bushings were replaced, and the center driveshaft bearing was replaced. When the E60 M5 came out, I decided I liked my car better. Particularly, I preferred the Septronic transmission to the SMG or the old stick shift manual in the E39 M5. I appreciate the merits of both, but I live in New York City and the Septronic is more practical and fun if you ever have to deal with traffic. So instead of buying the new E60, I took my car to Dinan and had them do everything to it except the camber plates and the supercharger. It was a fun project and the car is vastly improved with all of the upgrades. I probably spent $35,000 or more on everything. Here is a list of everything I did.

Dinan cold air intake
Dinan air flow meter
Dinan throttle body
Dinan intake manifold
Dinan exhaust manifold
Dinan level 5 engine software
Dinan level 2 transmission software
Dinan mechanical limited slip differential
Dinan springs
Dinan shocks by Koni
Dinan strut tower braces
Dinan sway bars
Supersport high performance exhaust
Upgraded brakes and rotors
BMW M5 19" twin five spoke wheels (upgraded from stock 17"s)
BMW M5 side view mirrors with turn signals
BMW M5 venturi trunk spoiler
BMW M5 2003 three spoke steering wheel
BMW Bosch LED "angel eye" headlights
BMW Bosch tail lights
Valentine radar detector with displays in rear view mirror
Pioneer stereo system with GPS, bluetooth, phone, Sirius/XM, amps, speakers, and sub

I'd love to talk about the car, mods, and Dinan if anyone has interest. And I'd really love to sell it to someone who appreciates how special the car is. There is an Ebay listing here with some pictures.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282605947599...84.m1555.l2649

Anyone interested feel free to text me. 917-593-4414.

Best, Will
Appreciate 1