New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E39) Forums (1995 - 2003) > General E39 Discussions

03-18-2024, 04:28 PM   #1
mirrox
Registered
No_Country
Rep

Drives: e39

E39 530D rail pressure issue

My first post here.
So I took the risk and brought I 530D with 45k km that the seller said smoked alot, when I went there the car did not only smoke, it knocked really much. So I brought it anyway 😅
So I went from a blown turbo to blown engine pretty much, so I pulled the trigger and brought a new engine from an e46 with 20k km and swapped it in with a few friends and many beers over a weekend. When it was time to start I tried priming the fuel pump a few times but had a hard time getting air out, so I cracked a fuel line open while priming to help getting air out, when most of the air was out I tried cranking it without any success, I’ve got around 4bar in low pressure and 0.0bar in rail so my thought was that the hpfp was airlocked or something, so I tried opening a hp-line the rail while cranking over but no fuel ever came out. So I tried to sync EWS with DDE and also removed ews with quickflash with no luck, then I proceeded with unplugging rail pressure sensor and no luck. And I’m thinking that maybe the hpfp has failed so I’m thinking that maybe I could take the pump from the old engine? Or should I look at something else first?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0